Heritage Skills Development Centre (HSDC) is seeking a dedicated individual with a strong background in coordinating large-scale community events and to provide leadership in the planning, coordination, and evaluation process of the events.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Meet with the organizing committees to plan the scope and format of the event
- Market the event to the public and promote sponsorships, including to the media and corporations
- Organize, prepare programs and promotional materials, and publicize events
- Coordinate event related activities, including various logistics such as: catering, displays, audiovisual equipment, printing, security, etc.
- Participate in artist selections and coordinating entertainment as well as vendors.
- Supervise, support and manage event volunteers
- Review feedback and make recommendations for future events
- Excellent planning and organization skills combined with good time management skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and be able to deliver results
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to interact with a diverse range of people, such as: clients, vendors, suppliers, staff members, etc.
- Exceptional interpersonal and negotiation skills as well as team spirit
- Problem solving skills, creative, positive attitude and energy
- Experience and background in event coordination and management
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Positive and enthusiastic leadership skills
PLEASE NOTE THIS IS AN UNPAID INTERNSHIP THAT THE APPLICANT CAN USE FOR SCHOOL/COLLEGE CREDITS OR FIELD EXPERIENCE
Job Types: Part-time, Internship
- Event Planning: 1 year (Preferred)