J's SteakFrites is Parisian style steakhouse serving the best steak frites in Toronto.
We are looking for enthusiastic kitchen staff on all levels for our one item menu, consistently delivering perfection on the plate. Prep, Line Cooks, Grill, Pastry, Cold, Sous Chefs, Chefs,...
- Ensure that kitchen activities operate in a timely manner.
- Resolve customer problems and concerns personally.
- Monitor and record inventory, and if necessary, order new supplies.
- Provide support to junior kitchen employees with various tasks including line cooking, food preparation, and dish plating.
- Recruit and train new kitchen employees to meet restaurant and kitchen standards.
- Create schedules for kitchen employees and evaluate their performance.
- Adhere to and implement sanitation regulations and safety regulations.
- Manage the kitchen team in the executive chef’s absence.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Strong knowledge of cooking methods, kitchen equipment, and best practices.
- Ordering, stocking and inventory management.
- Teamwork-oriented with outstanding leadership abilities.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Certificate in Culinary science is a plus
- Health and sanitary certifications are a must
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $17.00-$25.00 per hour
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Evening shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Kitchen: 3 years (preferred)
- Food Handler Certification (preferred)
Work Location: In person