Nucor Grating is North America’s leading grating and related products manufacturer and it was founded with the basic belief that every person can and does make a difference. Like our parent company, Nucor, our Vision is focused on our teammates.
We now have an exciting opportunity for an ERP Solutions Architect to join our growing team in Burlington Ontario.
We believe that every one of our Teammates can help achieve our vision of being the Safest, Most Profitable, Most Customer Focused, Highest Quality, Grating Company in North America.
Our Core Values
In order to accomplish our Vision, each member of our team must be dedicated to the 5 core values of our Company. These are:
- We work Safe
- We are Customer Focused
- We treat people with Respect
- We do the Right Thing
- We are Honest and act with Integrity
We are now looking for 1 exceptional individual to be a part of our team.
Reporting to the IT Manager, the ERP Solutions Architect analyzes the business needs, designs and integrates business application solutions within and surrounding the current Macola 10 ERP system.
Duties and responsibilities
- Understands business processes and how the software is leveraged to meet business needs
- Performs needs analysis, gathering and documenting user requirements, then design solutions to meet said requirements by leveraging the ERP system
- Configures the Exact Macola 10 software to support documented design specs
- Performs Macola 10 updates and upgrades
- Designs, builds and supports KPI dashboards
- Adheres to project management methodology and deliverables
- Works closely with the development team on customization solutions
- Coordinates and executes user acceptance testing
- Establishes and adheres to project standards to ensure consistency across sites and installations
- Provides proactive management and oversight for applications and their support, which includes monitoring of service and performance metrics, incident, and root cause analysis
- Works closely with IT team on prioritizing support requests
- Drives consistent processes and solutions across multiple sites
- Ensures quality delivered by vendors and meets contractual expectations
- Provides solutions to lower the cost of application support
- Manages and supports activities and processes related to enabling business driven, measurable, value aligned solutions, improvements or changes to the applications
- Leads all aspects of application support; analysis, maintenance, enhancement for mission-critical application systems, and training for assigned projects and sites owned
- Ensures communications and processes with business unit customers are consistent across the entire team and are aligned with IT direction
- Participates in architecture evolution and standards definition
- Minimal travel to various sites in Canada and the US as needed
Expected Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree from a four year university in Information Technology or similar field, plus eight years of relevant experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience with ERP systems and understands integration of modules as they relate to business needs
- Experience in providing application development, support, or business system solution/product/service strategies and directions with large, distributed, complex systems
- Experience in understanding and integrating existing systems and technology, designing application architectures, and leveraging emerging technologies utilizing industry standards and best practices with an emphasis on manufacturing
- Experience in writing SQL queries, designing and developing SSRS reports, developing SSIS solutions and integrating into the Exact Macola Software solution
- Experience in Exact Macola software (Macola 10/Progression) modules for Finance, Procurement, Manufacturing, Planning, Order Fulfillment, CRM
- 5+ years experience with Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio
- Experience with developing, deploying and supporting Crystal Reports
- Experience in developing in C#.NET, ASP.NET using Visual Studio
- Experience with BI reporting tools, such as Qlik, or others
- We offer a challenging, casual team-oriented work environment
- 36.5 hr/wk
- Competitive income, RRSP and benefits
- Generous vacation and paid time off
- Opportunities for professional and personal development and growth.
- Free parking, public transit accessible
********************************NO AGENCIES PLEASE******************************************
- Nucor Grating is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Nucor Grating is committed to providing accommodations for applications with disabilities; please contact us if you require an accommodation during the recruitment process.
Job Type: Full-time
- ERP: 3 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)
- Burlington (Preferred)
- English (Required)