Medical Administrative Assistant
Are you a client-oriented, friendly, compassionate, and organized Medical administrative assistant who has a high attention to detail with a genuine passion and desire to serve patients and exceed expectations?
The Clinic at Christie is looking for you for our new location! Our new, client focused office needs a reliable, well-organized Medical administrative assistant to organize our medical facility’s functions. You will support day-to-day operations by performing administrative tasks and ensuring high quality customer service for our patients.
As a Medical administrative assistant, you will perform various tasks on a daily basis. So, you should be able to multitask and prioritize. We also expect you to handle sensitive information confidentially. If you are able to combine exceptional communication skills with an ability to perform ‘behind the scenes’ tasks, we would like to meet you.
Ultimately, you should be able to ensure our medical facility’s smooth operation by accurately completing administrative tasks in a timely manner and providing exceptional customer service to our clients.
We are interviewing for a dynamic, experienced Medical administrative assistant to become an integral team member of our clinic located in Toronto.
A bit about us:
Our practice is interdisciplinary with experienced practitioners of RMT, Physiotherapy, Chiropractic and more who have specific skills to help maximize patient’s recovery. By offering a range of diversified treatment options and hands on individual care, we ensure that our clients get moving faster. Our team uses a blend of Manual Therapy in conjunction with exercises, stretching, acupuncture, taping, and balance training. Our staff prides themselves in developing validated/proven treatment protocols that will provide the best value for each and every visit.
Check us out at: http://www.theclinicatossington.com/
Responsibilities and Duties
- Assist patients with initial paperwork
- Schedule and coordinate appointments
- Process insurance claims using Telus health and Provider connect
- Use POS system to complete transactions
- Manage receivable and payable accounts and maintain financial records
- Answer patients’ queries and ensure quality customer service
- Ensuring all company procedures and policies are followed
- Contributing to office cleanliness is also required, including laundry, sweeping and dusting.
Qualifications and Skills
- Our ideal candidate will have 2+ years experience as a Medical administrative assistant
- Experience with Telus Health (required) and Jane (an asset)
- Knowledge of healthcare operations
- A genuine passion and desire to serve patients and exceed expectations
- A creative mind with an ability to suggest improvements
- Ability to multi-task efficiently
- Calm under pressure
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft programs
- Excellent English literacy is required in addition to a compassionate and confident personality.
- High school diploma; certification in medical administration is a plus
- Fluency in French/ Spanish/ Italian/ Portuguese (Considered a strong asset)
- Weekend and Evening Availability (Considered a very strong asset)
Pay commensurate with experience.
Only those chosen for interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- Secondary School (Required)
- Toronto, ON (Preferred)