At Wainwright Jewellers, we pride ourselves on being eastern Alberta’s premier jewellery and engagement ring destination store. We’re a full service, professional jeweller located in the heart of historical downtown Wainwright Alberta. We are an independent store that is owned and operated by the Depner family for over 65 years.
This permanent position is for a Jewellery Sales Associate for 24-32 hours per week.
You can expect to work 3-4 days per week. The schedule varies, but generally, we are open Monday to Saturday 9 AM – 6 PM, closed on Sundays. We do schedule extra hours and days during peak retail seasons.
We currently have openings for individuals who are creative, passionate about jewellery and, above all, love to help people find that perfect piece for their special occasion We are hiring for full and part-time positions. Previous jewellery experience is not necessary, we provide hands-on training. Past retail sales and/or customer service experience is preferred.
However, more importantly, we are looking for someone who will be a good fit with our team. It is important to us that we maintain an atmosphere where everyone who works here feels valued and enjoys working with one another.
This is an amazing opportunity for someone who is looking to begin their career in the jewellery industry or for someone who would like to further their career in luxury retail.
Our on the job training, includes a nationally recognized professional jeweller development program.
Come join our exciting team in a fun, exciting, and rewarding environment.
· Create happy and memorable customer experiences.
· Cultivate customer relationships.
· Show professionalism through every aspect of the job.
· Have an upbeat demeanour, with a sales-oriented personality.
· Understand the company structure and history.
· Adhere to all non-negotiable standards.
· Participate in and maintain store cleanliness.
· Maintain a high standard of security.
· Setup and execute store sales and promotions.
· Assist with inventory control / merchandising.
· Operate and process all transactions.
· Strive for and maintain individual and team targets.
· Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
· The work environment requires standing for long periods of time during an 8-hour shift.
· Other duties as required.
We are looking for a dynamic personality NOT just a great resume.
· Jewellery sales experience is a plus – but not required.
· Experience in a customer service focused role is preferred.
· Past sales experience would be beneficial.
· Proficiency in English.
· Enthusiastic attitude in person and over the telephone.
· Strong work ethic.
· Natural ability to develop relationships.
· Has a high standard of personal accountability.
· Has a drive to succeed.
What we offer:
· Competitive wages.
· The opportunity to earn bonuses.
· A fun, safe, and rewarding work environment.
· Nationally recognized professional sales and product knowledge training.
· Staff purchase discount.
Job Types: Full-time, or Part-time
Required education: High school or equivalent
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $15.75 - $18.50 per hour
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Store Discount
Our COVID-19 procedures and protocols meet or exceed those recommended by the government of Alberta's Chief Medical Officer. We have installed protective physical barriers and provide all required PPE including training to ensure they are used properly.