Dear Future Teammate,
Thank you for considering joining our team.
Our company is unique in Edmonton: we compete in a large North American market against some of the world's smartest tacticians. Our scope goes well beyond the borders of our city, our province, and even our country. Because of this, we have built a local eCommerce powerhouse, with a culture and depth of knowledge not available anywhere else in Edmonton.
We believe that working with high-performers is the best office perk; that practicing radical honesty within our team makes us exponentially better; that paying great salaries with excellent benefits gives us access to the best and the brightest; that giving freedom and responsibility brings out the best in people; and that being relentlessly customer-centric will drive phenomenal growth.
If you are an expert at your craft, have strong, fact-based opinions, and welcome the challenge of your life, then I personally invite you to join us.
- Sam Prochazka, CEO of GoodMorning.com
"Compelling, Converting, and Competitive Design"
This will be your guiding mantra when you crack open Creative Cloud and your web-dev tools to build and improve:
- Ever-more beautiful web designs
- Sentiment-generating imagery and video
- Intuitive UIs that inspire optimism and certainty
- Seamless and lightning-fast HTML
- Degree or diploma in visual communications or graphic design
- 3+ years in graphic and web design, including but not limited to website layout, UI design, marketing, and ad creative
- Mastery of Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator; expertise in other Creative Cloud apps are an asset
- Strong understanding of HTML and CSS
- Strong understanding of designing creative for target audiences
- Excellent spoken and written English language skills
- Experience working in eCommerce is an asset
- Experience with WordPress and WooCommerce is an asset
- Great compensation (salary, benefits)
- Working with high-performing colleagues who will challenge you every day
- A free mattress of your choice within the GoodMorning.com range
- Bi-weekly company funded lunches
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Whatever tools enable you to do the best work of your life
GoodMorning.com is Canada's largest independent mattress retailer, and Edmonton's largest eCommerce company. Our mantra is simple: "Rewrite the rules to do things better than everyone else."
Since 2010 we have worked tirelessly to develop and sell only the best products in the world and to deliver them in a relentlessly customer-centric way. We do this by hiring only the best and the brightest, and by facilitating a workplace that values freedom, responsibility, honesty, and great compensation.
We believe that the best office perk is to work alongside only high-performers, and we challenge ourselves (and our colleagues) to hold strong, fact-based opinions, to question assumptions, to think deeply, and to improve "the truth." If you are ready to be challenged, and to challenge us with your expertise, then we want you on our team.
ONLY applicants completing the following will be considered:
- Provide your resume, or a link to it
- Provide a link to your portfolio
- Provide your answer to the following question: "In Photoshop, what major benefit does using ‘Smart Filters’ provide?"
Job Type: Full-time
- Web Design: 3 years (Preferred)
- Adobe Creative Suite: 2 years (Preferred)
- Edmonton, AB (Preferred)
- English (Preferred)