Job Number: 81732
Primary Location: Ontario-Hamilton
This position will be located at: Hamilton General Hospital
Status: Regular Full-time
Hours per week: 37.5
Number of Openings: 1
Union Code: CUPE 7800
Minimum Salary: 24.9956 Hourly
Maximum Salary: 25.5057
Post Date: May 29, 2020, 4:00:00 AM
Close Date (Period for Applying) - External: Jun 5, 2020, 3:59:00 AM
The Heart Investigation Unit serves the Central-South region of Ontario and comprises 4 cardiac catheterization labs and a 32 bed reception/recovery area. The interdisciplinary team comprises cardiologists, radiologists, critical care nurses, HIU technicians and medical radiation technologists. Interventions include left and right heart catheterizations and interventional procedures such as Percutaneous coronary intervention and stents.
Reporting to the Clinical Manager, the Booking Clerk books all Heart Investigation Unit procedures for inpatient, outpatient, elective, urgent and emergent cases. Other responsibilities include: coordinating internal and external communication, collecting and producing monthly statistical reports, entering patient data into CorHealth Registry and performing other clerical functions as required.
Schedule Work Hours
Monday to Friday; days
1. Grade 12 or equivalent
2. Graduate of community college secretarial or office administration program or recent (within 2 years) equivalent office experience
3. Successful completion of Medical terminology 1 & 2 (proof of certificate from approved program required and subject to testing)
4. Keyboarding skills, minimum of 40 wpm (subject to testing)
5. Demonstrated proficiency in computer applications such as Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and database applications
6. Demonstrated experience in using Meditech applications including but not limited to (Community Wide Scheduling, Patient Care Inquiry and Order Entry Modules)
7. Demonstrated experience in using CorHealth Registry for Data Entry and DataFax
8. Experience in booking procedures and/or appointments and management of wait lists
9. Knowledge and skill in administrative office procedures and use of relevant equipment
10. Demonstrated effective communication, organization and interpersonal skills within an interdisciplinary team environment
11. Demonstrated effective problem solving, organizational, prioritization skills and abilities
12. Demonstrated commitment to Hamilton Health Sciences’ mission, vision, and values
Hamilton Health Sciences fosters a culture of patient and staff safety, whereby all employees are guided by our Mission, Vision, Values, and Values Based Code of Conduct. Hamilton Health Sciences is a teaching hospital and all staff and physicians are expected to support students and other learners.
To be considered for this opportunity applicants must apply during the posting period. All internal and external applicants may ONLY apply via the Careers website.
Hamilton Health Sciences is an equal opportunity employer and we will accommodate any needs under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities, if requested. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application processes, please contact HR Services at 905-521-2100, Ext. 46947 for assistance. If the applicant requires a specific accommodation because of a disability during an interview, the applicant will need to advise the hiring manager when scheduling the interview and the appropriate accommodations can be made.
This competition is open to all qualified applicants, however, qualified internal applicants will be considered first. Past performance will be considered as part of the selection process. If you are a previous employee of Hamilton Health Sciences, please note: the circumstances around an employee's exit will be considered prior to an offer of employment
Proficiency in both Official Languages, French and English, is considered an asset
If this position is temporary, selection for this position will be as per the outlined Collective Agreements:
Article 30 (k), CUPE Collective Agreement
Article 10.7 (d), ONA Collective Agreement
Article 13.01 (b) (ii), OPSEU 273 Collective Agreement
Article 14.04, OPSEU 209 Collective Agreement
Article 2.07 and Article 13, PIPSC RT Collective Agreement