West 5th Campus - WSIB - ORTHOPEDIC SERVICES
Hours of Work:
Monday to Friday; days
Time of Day:Shift Length:Open Date::
The Injured Workers’ Mental Health Specialty Clinic is an outpatient program dedicated to providing clinical service, education, and research in intersection between mental health problems and returning to work. Individuals who have not responded to treatment in the community are referred to this clinic for multidisciplinary care, including assessment and treatment.
The role of the neuropsychologist is to plan, conduct, and provide expertise and guidance related to psychological and neuropsychological services including evidence-based assessment, treatment, and consultation, in line with the mission and values of St. Joseph’s Healthcare. The psychologist plans, coordinates and provides related research and program evaluation activities. Specific roles and tasks will be shaped by program needs and client population. The psychologist takes a leadership role in education, clinical training and other academic activities within the program. The psychologist practices within the scope of declared competencies registered with the College of Psychologists of Ontario. Given that St. Joseph's Healthcare is affiliated with McMaster University, the psychologist is expected to engage in appropriate teaching and research activities and holds a faculty appointment within the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioural Neurosciences.
- Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology and Neuropsychology from an APA or CPA accredited graduate program (or equivalent)
- Minimum of one year post-doctoral clinical experience, preferred
- Teaching and supervisory experiences at the undergraduate and graduate level
- An established track record of academic productivity (e.g., peer-reviewed funding, peer reviewed publications, presentations at professional meetings)
- Registered, or eligible for registration, through the College of Psychologists of Ontario with identified competency relevant to the program (e.g clinical psychology, health psychology, neuropsychology, and/or rehabilitation psychology)
- Experience conducting third-party payer assessments, preferred
- Experience assessing individuals who have experienced work-place injuries, preferred
- Experience working with individuals that have sustained mild Traumatic Brain injuries, preferred
- Demonstrated compliance with the ethical and professional practice standards of the profession
- Demonstrated skills and experience in treatment, assessment, and research in relevant areas of practice
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a member of a multidisciplinary team, to collaborate with community resources and services, and to advocate for the needs of clients
- Knowledge and proficiency in clinical research design and analysis
- Skills and experience in clinical teaching, education, and research consistent with the requirements for faculty appointment to the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioural Neurosciences, McMaster University
- Continuing academic productivity consistent with the requirements for future appointment to the rank of Associate Professor or Professor.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and supervisor skills required for the supervision of students, interns, residents, psychometrists, staff from other healthcare disciplines, and psychologists and/or psychological associates registered for supervised practice by the College of Psychologists of Ontario
- Advanced oral and written communication skills required for assessment reports, scholarly presentations, and scholarly publications
- Demonstrated knowledge, sensitivity and expertise in the care of seniors and their families
HOURS OF WORK:
- Plans, conducts, monitors, and documents evidence-based psychological treatments with individuals suffering from psychiatric disorders or other conditions, using individual and group, modalities, with specialized treatments required within certain program service areas. Uses evidence-based measures to assess outcome.
- Plans, administers, and documents evidence-based psychological assessments for patients at St. Joseph’s Healthcare, using an appropriate range of psychological tests, measures, and assessment methods. Specialized assessment skills may be required within certain program service areas.
- Participates in multidisciplinary team meetings to assist in the assessment, treatment planning, and evaluation of outcomes for patients.
- Maintains a faculty appointment in the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioural Neurosciences at McMaster University.
- Establishes and maintains an independent program of academic productivity including regular publication in peer-reviewed journals, presentations at national and international meetings, and obtaining peer-reviewed research funding.
- Supervises and trains learners (e.g., psychology practicum students, interns, and residents, psychiatry residents, post-doctoral fellows, candidates registered for supervised practice with the College of Psychologists of Ontario, etc.) to provide assessment and treatment services.
- Supervises, consults with, and trains professional staff (e.g., psychologists, psychological associates, psychometrists, members of other healthcare disciplines) in areas related to evidence-based assessment and treatment, research design, and methodology, as required.
- Provides opportunities for students and trainees to become involved in research and other academic activities.
- Provides didactic teaching (e.g., seminars, presentations, rounds) for learners enrolled at St. Joseph’s Healthcare, or in the Faculty of Health Sciences, McMaster University
Monday to Friday, days
St. Joseph’s Healthcare Hamilton (SJHH) is an equal opportunity employer and strives for equity, inclusiveness, and diversity in all our programs, practices, facilities, and people.
Applications must be received online by 12:00 midnight on the Closing Date - late applications will not be accepted. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. SJHH is committed to a barrier-free recruitment and selection process - please inform us should accommodation be required at any point in the recruitment process.
We foster a culture of patient and staff safety where all positions comply and work in conjunction with the Mission, Vision, and Core Values of SJHH.