Responsible for the successful completion of helpdesk requests within their support queue covering all Wajax IT activities.
Answers, evaluates, and prioritizes helpdesk requests for assistance from users experiencing problems with hardware, software, networking, and other computer-related technologies.
Provides phone and in-person support to local and remote site end users on a variety of issues. Identifies, researches, and resolves technical problems. Tracks and monitors the problem to insure a timely resolution.
Provide printing support for all sites.
Configures, personalizes and positions workstations for remote site users. Maintains upgrades or replaces hardware and software systems.
Maintains, troubleshoots, installs and repairs computer systems, hardware, software and peripheral devices. Recommends and schedules repairs. Installs new software releases, system upgrades and resolves software related problems.
Provides and delegates tasks as it relates to workloads.
Works with suppliers to deliver a better experience at all sites.
Provides after hours on call support as required on a rotational basis.
Helps co-ordinate and maintain quality standards
Adheres to IT Services Policies, Procedures and Guidelines
Supports organisational change
Other duties as required
- Diploma in Computer Science or equivalent IT certification.
- Knowledge: Experience with desktop operating systems (Windows 7, 8, 10);
- Bilingual in English and French is a definite asset
- Knowledge of User Account Management;
- Knowledge of Incident and Request Management;
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting and communication skills;
- iPhones, Android devices and Tablets support
Since 1858, Wajax has been serving major Canadian industries as one of the nation’s leading mobile equipment, power systems, and industrial products and services providers. Wajax operates in the mining, oil sands, oil & gas, construction, forestry, industrial/commercial, transportation, and metal processing industries – to name a few.
Wajax offers a total compensation package that includes competitive pay, comprehensive benefits, learning and development, as well as some unique additional “perks.” Highlights include:
- Commencing on you start date you are eligible for medical, dental, vision benefits
- Wajax led e-learning, and product training through industry leading manufacturers
- Our unique additional perks program includes exclusive discounts with variety of manufacturers and service providers such as Ford, GM, Chrysler, Dell, TELUS, a group mortgage, home & auto insurance program and more
Wajax is committed to employing a workforce that is representative of the diverse communities across Canada in which we do business. As an equal opportunity employer, please inform us if any accommodation is required if contacted for an interview.
As a condition of employment, final candidates will be subject to pre-screening.
We thank you for your interest; however only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
\\ Together we get more done.