- Managing a portfolio of strata buildings consisting of both commercial and residential units, and/or sectioned stratas.
- Scheduling, preparing, attending and recording Minutes for Strata Council meetings, AGMs and SGMs (including attending evening meetings, if required).
- Working with Council to prepare the annual budget, analyze forecasts and expenses, including the contingency fund; assist accounting department with the preparation of monthly financial statements and monthly operational reports, accounts payable and other strata accounting functions.
- Effectively and efficiently work with the Strata Council and Owners to advise them on issues and how these are dealt with as per the Strata Property Act, including compliance within the rules and regulations and bylaws of the complex as directed by the Strata Council.
- Maintain all records, and prepare Master Listings, summarizing the terms and conditions for each unit of the strata corporation, which will include unit entitlement.
- Comprehensive familiarity of the filing of forms under the Strata Property Act.
- Provide general supervision and dispatch appropriate maintenance and trades people as required
- Handle and advise on tendering and bidding on special projects and major repairs.
- Must hold a current strata management license for British Columbia as of August 2015
- Valid BC Driver’s License and reliable vehicle.
- Previous experience working in a customer service oriented business environment preferred with real estate, property management, financial or accounting experience definitely an asset.
- Have a flexible schedule; be available for evening council meetings, on call duties and after hour callouts.
- Detail oriented, creative, well organized, and able to work under pressure to meet deadlines. A team player with excellent written and verbal communication expertise including working expertise of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and property management software proficiency; (Spectra preferred); or equivalency would be an asset.
- Self-motivated, and able to work both independently and under direction.
- Demonstrate superior customer service skills and utmost professionalism.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $42,000.00 per year
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: In person