S&C Analyst, Oakville, ON
RailTerm is a diversified, safety oriented, rail services contractor with operations throughout North America. We provide custom service solutions to railway operators who wish to outsource mission-critical activities.
This opportunity is for you if…
…you are passionate about railway signalling and communications, thrive at problem solving and enjoy contributing your expertise to assist others…
What’s in it for you?
- Industry leading base salary and benefits;
- You will be working at a newly built, state-of-the-art transit control centre;
- Play a key role in the safe and reliable operation of a world class public transit system;
- Continuous opportunities to train on new technologies used in signalling and rail traffic control;
- An incentive compensation program;
- Generous referral incentives during mobilization phase;
- Monthly public transit pass;
- A full-time and permanent opportunity.The Opportunity
The S&C Analyst is responsible for providing advice and guidance in terms of railway signalling and communications and performing back office tasks associated rail traffic control systems and trackside assets, communications and related infrastructure. The position-holder works in close collaboration with the field staff in the troubleshooting of problems. This position is based in Oakville with occasional travelling in the GTHA using a company vehicle.
- Provide remote support to S&C field maintenance personnel by providing first-hand expertise or using electronic test equipment or computer software;
- Perform routine rail traffic control and signal system performance monitoring;
- Perform diagnostic health checks, monitor alarms and perform field incident investigations;
- Monitor and perform alarm checks of the internal system, including performance observations;
- Analyse overall system health status and document/log observations on a daily basis;
- Work and troubleshoot with telecommunications providers on circuits and cloud connectivity;
- Assist telecommunications providers with the implementation of new circuits and hardware;
- Support root cause analysis and investigation on incidents;
- Provide guidance to other team members in the control centre;
- Implement the best possible action plan of response during unplanned emergency operations;
- Support field staff for testing and commissioning;
- Support third party providers (i.e. utilities, municipalities, emergency medical services, etc.) during outages or emergency operations.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- 5 years of relevant S&C experience in a CTC environment, including microprocessor based interlocking systems;
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of track, switches and crossings;
- Completion of an approved Railway Signal Maintenance training program or equivalent;
- Strong communications skills; ability to sustain technical conversations by phone with field maintenance employees;
- Valid driver’s license (G).
- College or university diploma in the field of Electronics/Communications/Electrical Engineering;
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of railway SCADA systems and IP-based network systems.
If you believe you have what it takes to take on this challenge, click on APPLY NOW to submit your application.
Note that only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, RailTerm will provide accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process. Please inform the recruiter of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Signals & Communications: 5 years (Required)
- CTC environment, microprocessor based interlocking systems: 5 years (Required)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (Preferred)
- Railway Signal Maintenance Training Program (Required)