The AGCO is responsible for regulating the alcohol, gaming and horse racing sectors and cannabis retail in Ontario in accordance with the principles of honesty and integrity, and in the public interest. We are looking for a team player with strong leadership and interpersonal skills for a Senior Internal Auditor opportunity.
What can I expect to do in this role?
The Internal Audit team's mission is to provide independent, objective assurance and support designed to add value and improve the operations of the AGCO. The team partners with business groups to identify areas of risk, make valuable recommendations on controls, and influence changes and decisions.
Reporting to the Manager, Risk Management and Internal Audit, you will:
- Independently lead the design and execution of compliance, financial and operational audit/evaluation programs
- Assess new and existing processes to identify risks and recommend improvements
- Interpret the significance of findings, conclude on findings and make practical recommendations
- Prepare reports documenting audit/evaluation scope, procedures, findings and recommendations
- Effectively communicate with and educate process owners, including non-finance individuals, on the importance of controls, an effective control environment, and the role of Internal Audit
- Support the development and implementation of the agency's Enterprise Risk Management framework
- Coordinate the business continuity planning (BCP) process
- Participate in driving the long-term strategy for Internal Audit with innovative, creative thinking and willingness to push the boundaries of traditional audit approach, such as the use of data analytics and automation
How do I qualify?
As the ideal candidate, you will have:
- A professional accounting designation (CPA/CA/CMA/CGA/CIA)
- In depth knowledge of audit methodologies, governance, controls, standards and best practices gained through a minimum of 5 years of experience in auditing roles (internal or external) and risk management
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Outlook and other database applications
- Strong communication and consultation skills to educate and advise clients
- Excellent time management skills to independently manage the planning and execution of several audits, special assignments, or projects in a deadline-driven environment, accepting ownership and accountability of the process
The successful candidate must be eligible to work in Canada and will be subject to a criminal background check.
1 Temporary, duration up to 24 months, 90 Sheppard Ave E, Toronto, Toronto Region, Criminal Record Check
Understanding the job ad - definitions
Management and General
Friday, January 10, 2020
This posting is for an organization that is not a part of the Ontario Public Service. The information and tips on the Ontario Public Service Careers website may not apply to this posting. Please use the contact information below to contact the organization directly if you have questions.
In accordance with the Ontario Public Service (OPS), Employment Screening Checks Policy (ESCP), the top candidate(s) may be required to undergo a security screening check. Refer to the above to determine the screening checks that are required for this position.
You will be responsible for obtaining the criminal record check at your own expense and provide it, along with your written consent, to the Transition and Security Office (TSO), Talent Acquisition Branch (TAB), HR Service Delivery Division (HRSDD) to evaluate the results. If applicable, the TSO, with your written consent, will request and obtain any additional employment screening checks that were not obtained directly by you. (Note: If a Vulnerable Sector Screening Check is required, it must also be obtained in person at your local police service).
A record under the Criminal Code and/or other federal offence record(s) does not automatically mean you will be ineligible for the position. The employment screening check(s) will only be reviewed and evaluated by the TSO for the purpose of making a security clearance decision. The details of an individual's employment screening check(s) will be considered in specific relation to the duties and responsibilities of the position being filled. Employment screening check records will be maintained by the TSO and kept strictly confidential.