Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
The Incumbent will work closely with the GWO Lending Services team in fulfilling reporting requirements for internal/external audit, U.S Fed, OSFI, Finance, and Front Office/ Back Office management. In addition, the Incumbent will be involved in developing and implementing process improvements for the corporate loan business with the intent of improving overall operational efficiency/effectiveness while ensuring that compliance, risk, and regulatory requirements are adhered to.
The Incumbent will demonstrate a high level of professional service to internal and external customers consistent with our role as a service provider of back-office functions as he/she will be part of a support team and will be expected to assist in answering incoming inquiries and demonstrate strong analytical skills.
Education / Experience / Other Information:
- Leads and drives a customer-focused culture throughout their team to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems, and knowledge.
- Review internal Corporate Credit Loan data to maintain current and accurate data and become the point of contact with internal stakeholders to answer to related queries.
- Responsible for preparing and submit accounting reports to various departments within the bank with heavy volumes during month-end and quarter-end.
- Documentation of workflows and controls for training and audit purposes as well as new or enhanced business and reporting structure processes.
- Develop and operate a comprehensive production management metrics process that provides necessary MIS to GWO Senior Management for decision support purposes.
- Communicating effectively with various internal departments and external contacts including other Banks to resolve issues on a timely basis.
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Creates an environment in which his/her team pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk, and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
- Builds a high-performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops, and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment; communicating vison/values/business strategy, and managing succession and development planning for the team.
- University undergraduate degree in Finance or business-related studies or equivalent.
- Knowledge and Working experience in corporate lending services
- Experience in MS Office, Excel, MS Access
Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank’s six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.