The Copywriter & Proposal Lead will be responsible for writing internal and external communications, and coordinating proposal responses. They will work closely with the marketing team on sales collateral, press releases, promotional emails, and other marketing initiatives, as well as review and craft external messaging for other departments including Operations and Sales. They will also work closely with the Sales team and other department to coordinate responses for RFP, RFI, and Due Diligence requests, gathering answers through a RFP tool and editing responses. This role will suite an organized, intermediate writer looking to further develop their B2B skills within a high pace, results oriented environment.
This is a full time, permanent role located at our Markham office, and will report to the Marketing and Projects Director.
CORE DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Write engaging B2B marketing copy for a variety of business lines and markets.
- Support and provide copy other marketing initiatives, including sales collateral, promotional material, press releases, social media, and events and conferences.
- Actively participate in the creative process and provide suggestions and ideas that align with the marketing and communications strategy.
- Craft and apply a consistent TNG voice and brand identity to develop coherent and succinct written assets.
- Edit and craft external corporate communications to our vendors and clients, working closely with various department leaders.
- Lead the coordination and review of Request for Information (RFI), Request for Proposals (RFP), and Due Diligence responses.
- Coordinate and collect proposal responses from IT, Legal, HR and other departments, leveraging the proposal software Loopio.
- Fact check copy with department leads, and become a product knowledge expert
- Gather and update (when required) proposal exhibits.
- Actively participate in team initiatives and meeting and build rapport with other departments to contribute to the high performance of The Nationwide Group overall.
- Other duties/ad-hoc projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, business, or related field
- 4-6 years of B2B copywriting experience, ideally in a software environment
- Experience coordinating proposals considered a strong asset
- Excellent writer and strong ability to edit and proofread
- Creative storyteller able bring out an authentic company voice across various communications vehicles
- Excellent communication, time management, and organizational skills
- Experience with Get Responses and/or Loopio considered an asset
- A great attitude and willingness to jump into any project
We are committed to providing persons with disabilities equal opportunities regarding all
employment activities, including access to jobs and accommodations during employment as
required, in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC) and the Accessibility for
Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Proposal Writing: 1 year (Required)
- B2B Copywriting: 3 years (Required)