Flint Learning Solutions has been developing custom eLearning solutions for public and private sector companies since 2012. We offer a fresh, practical, sustainable and engaging approach to corporate learning and development.
We are currently seeking a full-time Content Writer to join our growing company. The Content Writer will work on corporate training and development projects, creating and designing training solutions for our clients and will be able to absorb and distill content down to its key messaging. This includes developing detailed learning objectives, scripts and storyboards, and working with authoring tools to build out the eLearning courses. They will interface with Business Leaders and Subject Matter Experts and collaborate with Senior Learning Consultants, Developers and Graphic Designers to develop detailed learning strategies and content.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for innovative storytelling and the ability to uncover learning needs, conceptualize creative learning experiences, and create engaging learning content. The candidate must have: an excellent work ethic demonstrated by a strong desire to learn; a commitment to quality; a take-charge attitude; flexibility to adapt to a wide range of business environments; versatility to adapt their communication style to a wide range of personalities; the ability to commit to and follow through on deliverables; the ability to stand up for their own ideas while taking direction from others; a positive, optimistic outlook; accountability and how work impacts the team and client; and the ability to contribute to a fast-paced, non-political working environment.
The successful candidate will:
- Possess exceptional writing skills that demonstrate the ability to take complicated topics and simplify them with clarity and brevity for general audience consumption and understanding.
- Be able to effectively interview Subject Matter Experts, quickly arriving at an understanding of key issues and clearly playing back an understanding of the issue.
- Possess strong business acumen, including the ability to quickly assimilate information from many sources, come up with creative alternatives, and gain support for those ideas.
- Think creatively and generate new ideas.
- Resolve conflict.
- Stay abreast of eLearning concepts and technologies.
- Work under tight time frames while being able to forecast time commitments and deliver according to plan, ensuring timelines are met.
- Maintain a positive, enjoyable working environment with a team of copywriters, motion graphic designers, account executives and marketing specialists.
- Be able to architect end-to-end learning solutions using a blend of modalities that align with industry best practices.
- Be able to clearly communicate ideas and learning solutions to a team and ensure that ideas are accurately reflected in the final product.
Skills and Experience
- Exceptional ability to work with a wide range of productivity applications; ability to learn new technology quickly.
- Corporate Communications, Writing/Creative Writing or Public Relations background.
- Content mapping, video scripting, scenario development, assessment/evaluation writing.
- Strong writing and editing skills.
- Leadership, Sales, Compliance, and Systems training experience.
- Instructional Design experience or experience with design and development tools such as Articulate, Captivate and Lectora.
*Please be prepared to share creative writing and/or learning samples if selected for interview.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $50,000.00 to $65,000.00 /year
- Courseware Development: 1 year (Preferred)
- Creative Writing: 5 years (Required)
- Concord, ON (Required)
- English (Required)