A*on Hewitt has announced BCAA as a 2019 Platinum Level Best Employer! *
What BCAA offers you:
- It’s not in our nature to brag but we are proud of some of our achievements that recognize great employee culture. Some of our latest awards include being a 2019 Platinum level Best Employer by AON and being recognized as a 2018 Outstanding Workplace by YWCA.
- Our team members get to make a difference in the lives of our Members and their communities every day.
- We pride ourselves in being open and transparent and in empowering our people to do great work while serving our Members.
- We enthusiastically support learning and advancement opportunities for our team members.
- We are an equal opportunity employer that’s committed to accessible, inclusive employment.
- Our Regular Full-Time & Part-Time+ (working 20 hours or more per week) status team members are eligible to participate in our amazing Total Rewards Program which offers: Extended Health and Dental, Vision Care, Life Insurance, RRSP matching with company contribution to your pension, access to Incentive Programs, Team Profit Sharing, Employee & Family Assistance Program and more.
- Team members at our Home Office also get to use our Shared EV (electric vehicle) Program, have access to our subsidized cafeteria and free fitness centre.
BCAA is hiring a Regular Full-Time Outbound Support Associate within our Home Officein Burnaby. This position supports BCAA’s Service Locations and Member Contact Center in delivering an extraordinary customer experience and in achieving financial and risk management goals and objectives. As a BCAA product and services expert, key responsibilities include home insurance policy review, risk management and sales administration support along with maintaining industry, product and systems knowledge.
Home Insurance Policy Review:
- Conducts outbound calls to review Home insurance policies with existing policyholders
- Resolves questions, issues and concerns by following BCAA’s customer resolution standards and meeting BCAA and AAA/CAA customer satisfaction goals
- Verifies and updates customer information and insurance policy details in applicable systems
- Maintains outbound calling reports
- Meets all prescribed metrics and targets, and BCAA and AAA/CAA Member experience goals, best practices, standards and Underwriting guidelines
Risk Management and Sales Administrative Support:
- Manages abeyances/activities for sales network (Service Location and MCC)
- Audits, authorizes (with the appropriate licensing) and processes amendments to Insurance policies and Membership products
- Processes account and billing changes
- Provides internal BCAA product and services support for sales network
- Recommends process and systems enhancements to strengthen risk management and compliance, eliminate problems and reduce impact on the Member, BCAA and our team member
Acquires and maintains industry, product and systems knowledge:
- Maintains a working knowledge of all BCAA Membership and insurance manuals, best practices, standards, policies and systems
- Attends required BCAA and industry training courses
- Adheres to standards for processing, documentation, confidentiality, storage, retrieval of information, BCAA best practices, standards and Underwriting guidelines
- Keeps up-to-date with industry knowledge and competitor’s product offerings
- Maintains annual insurance licensing requirements
Other duties, as assigned
- Completion of Grade 12 (suggested change: Post-Secondary Diploma in Business, Sales or Marketing or Equivalent Work Experience)
- Level 1 license completed but must obtain level 2 licenses within 18 months in the role
- At least two years’ experience in insurance or underwriting environment, with at least 1 year experience in selling homeowners’ insurance
- Proven ability to balance customer needs, disciplined risk management and revenue growth
- Demonstrated multi-tasking skills and proven ability to prioritize activities
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work within a fast-paced team environment and maintain a high level of professionalism
- Demonstrated initiative and creative problem solving skills with proven judgment and decision-making abilities
- Proven critical thinking abilities. Must be able to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Demonstrated quality control experience with limited errors and omissions
- Strong computer skills with basic knowledge of MS Office Suite Products (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Level 2 license
- Completion of BCAA product and services related training
- Knowledge of BCAA’s systems such as NEAT, Diamond
- Limited history of Errors & Omissions and in good standing with the Insurance Council of BC
- Ability to speak alternate languages that would support particular market demographics
Job Type: Full-time
- insurance or underwriting: 2 years (Required)