Subsidized staff housing on site ($320 - $412 per month), daily duty meal in our newly-renovated staff cafeteria, employee travel program, food & beverage/fitness centre/spa/golf employee discounts, competitive extended benefits plan (medical, vision, dental), Employee Assistance Program, staff events, and mountain living!
Hair Stylist: Are you a creative person with a passion for the hairstyling and beauty industry?
Do you crave an active, outdoor life right at your door step? Are you a hairstylist who would like to meet and work with people from all over the world and be paid to make your clients look and feel like a million dollars? When the hardest part of your day is looking out the window at the spectacular Canadian Rockies, why not join our Hairstylist team at the Willow Stream Spa. We guarantee it will be an experience of a life time in Canada’s most famous castle, the Fairmont Banff Springs!
Summary of Responsibilities: Reporting to the Aesthetics, Salon, and Boutique Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- Perform bridal and special event updos and styles
- Perform ladies, men’s and children’s hair cuts, and wash and style
- Perform current trends in highlights, permanent/semi-permanent colour services
- Make product recommendations
- Participate in incentives and retail goal setting
- Provide make up applications
- Assist in inventory and ordering of supplies
- Maintain a professional environment in the salon, cleaning/stocking
- Participate in on-going in-house and out-of-house training opportunities in our product lines
- Other duties as assigned
- High School diploma
- Related Hair Stylist certification
- Minimum of 2 years hair dressing / styling experience
- Red Seal or Hairstyling license
- Make up training / experience
Specific Department Perks:
- No service charges for styling station, back bar product
- Complimentary spa access, fitness / aquatic membership and discounted services and products
- Complimentary advertising to hotel staff to build clientele
- Annual vacation days provided in addition to 12 statutory paid holidays
Physical Aspects of Position (includes but are not limited to):
- Lifting - Under 20lbs 20% of work time
- Carrying - Over 20lbs 5% of work time
- Describe Motions - Bending, reaching, standing for 8 hours per day
- Work Environment - Exposure to electrical appliances, various hair care products and chemical dyes
Rate of Pay: Hourly rate + gratuities + commission on services and products sold
Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Job Type: Full-time
- stylist: 2 years (Required)
- Red Seal or Hairstyling (Required)