STRABAG Inc., is a subsidiary of STRABAG SE, a European based technology group for construction services. STRABAG Inc., has extensive experience in large scale underground hard and soft ground construction projects. We provide expertise in ground engineering and tunnel excavation with qualified personnel.
STRABAG is actively seeking a Accounts Payable Clerk for our Canadian division where he/she can utilize their extensive knowledge to contribute to the continued success and growth of the organization. The successful candidate will be stationed at our head office in Mississauga, Ontario. The main role of the accounts payable clerk will be to complete and control expenses, processing, verifying and reconciling invoices.Day to day management of all payment cycle activities should be completed in a timely and efficient manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reconciles processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
- Charges expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports; recording entries.
- Pays vendors by monitoring discount opportunities; verifying federal id numbers; resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation; insuring credit is received for outstanding memos; Maintains accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions.
- Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
- Disburses petty cash by recording entry; verifying documentation.\
- Maintain financial files and records
- Monitors accounts payable to ensure that payments are up to date
- Prepare invoicing for various projects, prepare invoicing for sales and reimbursements to vendors
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Performs other administrative duties as required
- General Math skills
- Attention to detail
- Thoroughness Organization
- Analyzing information
- Accounting Vendor relationships
- PC proficiency
- Data entry skills
- Work independently, team player
- 3-5 years’ experience in accounts payable
- Post-secondary education in accounting/finance or suitable combination of education and experience
- Computer literacy in MS Office and SUN accounting software an assets
- Valid Glass “G” Ontario drivers licence
STRABAG Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all those who apply.
- Extended health care
- RRSP Match
- Dental care
- Vision care
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental Care
- Extended Health Care
- RRSP Match
- Vision Care
- Accounts Payable: 1 year (Preferred)