Scrawlr is a company building a software platform and series of products dedicated to enabling alternative forms of communication layered on existing internet content, together with delivering superior monetization flexibility and content ownership for content generators. We have recently completed our internal beta and are preparing for our external beta. We are looking forward to bringing on additional like-minded individuals to assist in product launch. The founder, board of directors, and lead investors in Scrawlr have a strong background in a variety of successful, transformational startups, and we are building our platform alongside a number of other startups within a successful ecosystem.
Why you should work here
We are working on a transformational project that we believe will have a global impact, and we expect our team members to work on solving complex, unique challenges on a daily basis. Product team members are given a high degree of product ownership and the latitude to propose and implement approaches that can be divergent from all standard or existing solutions.
Scrawlr is committed to maintaining an environment in which all ideas are taken seriously and great ideas are adopted, allowing dedicated employees to effect change and to dictate their progression within the organization.
$65k - 72k per annum plus an options grant commensurate with capacity for contribution to the team
- Own design initiatives in your cross-functional team, and collaborate closely with others
- Participate in design planning and goal creation.
- Understand customers and their needs through market analysis, customer research, and feedback.
- Collaborate with the product team to craft, pitch, and validate long-term design strategies that satisfy business and user goals
- Translate design requirements into technical specifications
- Design the architecture, interface, and interaction flow of services and experiences.
- Participate in quality assurance activities and propose development task prioritization based on QA process feedback
- Facilitate the design process, present and iterate design solutions.
Desired Skills & Experience
- At least two (2) years of professional experience as a Product or UX/UI Designer.
- Your portfolio should showcase a blend of interaction and visual design skills, UX design principles, and attention to detail.
- A broad understanding of web/mobile UI standards and practical experience in the design of user interfaces for web and mobile applications.
- Proficiency with design/prototyping applications – We recently moved from Sketch to Figma.
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Experience working and collaborating with diverse teams in a dynamic, rapid growth environment.
If you are interested in changing the way the world communicates, and then subsequently evaluates and monetizes content, we would love to speak with you. This position is a unique opportunity for an individual interested in launching a transformational product in a challenging, dynamic work environment.
We are looking for exceptional individuals, and from there we can work with all levels of experience. If what we are doing is of interest to you, but you are not sure if you fit into this role, we look forward to engaging to find the right position.
Please note: Candidates must be currently authorized to work in Canada
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $65,000.00-$72,000.00 per year
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- If hired into a fully remote position, do you expect to be available during standard hours in pacific time (pst)? Please answer only 'Yes' or 'No' to this question - we will clarify as required upon reviewing your application.