Greenhouse is seeking a full time Supply Chain Manager to be a critical leader within our Operations Team. Reporting to the Director of Supply Chain, the successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the end-to-end supply chain process, from sourcing raw materials to delivering finished products to customers This role requires an efficient executor with exceptional organizational skills and a proven track record of optimizing procurement and logistics operations.
Key Performance Outcomes:
- Cost Savings $
- Quality non-conformance rate
- Fill rate %
- Innovation on-time delivery %
- Gross margin %
Statement of Work & Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with Sales and Marketing team to source innovative, sustainable packaging solutions
- Communicate and manage expectations with suppliers (cost, service level, product specifications, quality, etc)
- Build and maintain relationships with produce networks to support farm-to-plant supply chain
- Source and onboard new vendors while managing existing partnerships
- Drive purchase cost savings initiatives and participate in the negotiation of purchase prices
- Completing contracts that result in cost savings and minimized risk to Greenhouse’s supply chain
- Manage inventory levels and perform risk assessments to anticipate and prevent any supply chain issues in the procurement of goods or services
- Report on key projects/performance metrics and present results to leadership team
- Maintain high quality materials and troubleshoot quality concerns, ensuring suppliers provide corrective actions and root cause analysis
- Be an expert in packaging solutions, and communicate market or industry trends to the team especially on sustainable packaging solutions and new technologies
- Project Manager for new packaging initiatives, leading the process from design to purchasing.
- Managing customs documentation for imported materials
- When required, create purchase orders for raw materials and ensure timely deliveries
- Working with the Logistics Manager, manage the transportation, distribution, and warehousing processes to ensure seamless movement of goods throughout the supply chain.
- Develop and implement logistics strategies to enhance supply chain efficiency, reduce lead times, and minimize costs.
- Monitor and analyze key performance indicators (KPIs) related to logistics, such as on-time delivery, order fill rates, and transportation costs.
- Perform analysis of a variety of supply chain data sets to measure performance, identify trends, model impacts of resource changes, and discover optimization opportunities
- Take the lead in setting up any new processes, carriers or other delivery methods
- Assist the logistics team with the execution of delivery of orders as required
- Continually look for areas of improvement within the logistics process
- Continually review transportation and freight costs and identify opportunities for cost savings
- Streamline and optimize delivery and transportation processes to ensure efficiency
- Determine needs, acquire bids and process requests for new equipment if needed
- Implement any new software or process changes through relevant change management techniques
- Manage internal fleet vehicles
- Identify priorities (“Big Rocks”) for logistics team, and ensure timely execution and delivery of these initiatives
- Anticipate and mitigate potential supply chain disruptions by proactively identifying risks and implementing contingency plans.
- Stay updated on regulatory changes and industry standards that could impact procurement and logistics operations.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree preferred, preferably in Business Administration, Finance, Supply Chain or Engineering
- 5+ years of supply chain experience with a procurement and/or logistics focus
- Strong communication and problem solving skills
- Previous experience in procurement/sourcing in the food and beverage industry or packaging industry
- Experience and in depth knowledge of global logistics/supply chain, importing, and the customs process
- Knowledge and interest in the packaging world (how is it manufactured, what are the new technologies, who are the big players, etc)
- Advanced level of Microsoft Office with focus on Excel
- Project Management experience
As a standardized step in the application process, we ask that you complete the Culture Index (TM) Survey so we can see how it may apply to your work related needs as well as our company requirements. It also assists us in better employee management and development. Please complete the survey by following the URL here.
Greenhouse is a plant-based beverage company and Certified B Corporation headquartered in Toronto. Founded in 2014, our mission is to offer widespread, sustainable access to plant-based nutrition and wellness of the highest quality. Our goal is to make it simple to savour the present while looking out for a healthy future—ours, and that of our planet.
As a company, Greenhouse is committed to ensuring that all people-related processes such as recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, and so forth are administered without regard to race, colour, religion, national origin, sex, or age. We value an inclusive workplace and will ensure our practices and policies uphold just this. For individuals with disabilities, accommodations are available.
We are a fast-paced, innovative company looking for a Supply Chain Manager! If you are a forward-thinking, ambitious executor, apply today and let's build something great together.