We Bring Food to Your Family’s Table!
Make “Another Cool Move” – Join our Family at Erb Transport!
A full-time Weekend Dock Operations Foreman position is available at our Montreal location.
Shift Details: Friday & Monday 7:00 to 17:30, Saturday & Sunday 6:00 to 16:30
· Responsible to monitor and maintain/supervise (2) dock Staff on Saturdays / Sundays. This includes supervision, hiring and discipline of personnel, training and orientation, communication with staff, following occupational health and safety procedures, annual staff performance appraisals, dealing with employee issues and concerns, planning & scheduling shifts.
· Friday / Monday will be Dock related functions and/or Routing Walmart/Quebec City.
· Document employee communication regarding discipline. Dismissals are in conjunction with supervisor and V.P. Human Resources. Work with Department Supervisors to improve employee performance
· Responsible to plan, monitor and schedule staff to ensure all positions are covered. Have the ability to fill in for positions when necessary, including vacations.
· Will also be required to work stat holidays.
· Move and monitor freight according to delivery schedules and appointment times. Work closely with Dept Supervisor and Dispatch to ensure priority of loading.
· Promote Safe working environment.
· Responsible for complete knowledge of dispatch system, routing and dock procedures paperflow, building security, company policies as it pertains to operations and customer service.
· Assist Weekend Ops Supervisor special projects
· Constant open communication with all operational staff to ensure that operations continue to run smoothly and efficiently.
· All other duties as required.
· Minimum 5 years’ previous experience and knowledge in transportation industry.
· Positive attitude with proven people skills. Ability to be fair but firm with staff and customers.
· Honest, diplomatic and trustworthy.
· Quality decision making skills, ability to use good judgment.
· Ability to remain calm in demanding times.
· Organizational skills including planning and scheduling skills.
· Fluent in English & French, both written and spoken.
Erb Limited is committed to the principle of equity in employment.
Named by Truckload Carriers Association as Best Fleet To Drive For (2019) and Top Fleet Employers through Trucking HR Canada (2019), Erb has evolved from a dream into a mission of Service, Satisfaction and Success. Currently we have grown significantly since our induction in 1959 and have become one of Canada’s largest family-owned refrigerated trucking companies. Although we have over 1400 employees, we have not forgotten where we started or that our greatest asset is our people. Erb has been built by long-term employees who are promoted from within, and who are recognized for their talent, dedication and hard work.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent