We are seeking travel-ready individuals to install Low Voltage and Telecommunications across Ontario. Successful applicants are smart workers who are familiar with power and hand tools, and are attentive to detail, accurate and energetic.
We provide on the job training.
Full time position, $17 - $24/hour depending on experience and learning progress during the probation period.
Who we are:
120-21 Antares Drive
Cimtel has been a pioneer in the fields of Long Term Care and retirement living for over 30 years. Based in Ottawa, we serve customers Canada-wide with the most reliable nurse call, wander prevention, access control, integrated surveillance and telecommunications platforms on the market.
We offer our customers a complete sales, installation, training, and service portfolio for health care and retirement facilities of any size.
Our systems utilize a range of advanced technologies to meet the needs of the clients. Cimtel is constantly evolving, daring to use the most recent tools, techniques, methods and technological solutions. We hold the future in our hands.
We are growing quickly and require individuals with strong communication and critical thinking abilities to perform installation, troubleshooting and testing.
We provide a company vehicle and all necessary tools.
We believe, our teammates should WORK SMART - NOT HARD!
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Computer proficiency is MANDATORY
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Basic tool use; multi-meters, crimp tools, cable testers, screw drivers etc.
- Ability to climb ladders, stand/walk for extended periods.
- Assist the project manager with installation of new systems.
- Run and terminate cables; deploy and verify back-bones and end-equipment.
- Travel to sites across Ontario (accommodation will be provided by the company).
- A company vehicle and all tools will be provided.
- Professional training will be provided.
Applicants with the following Assets will be preferred:
- Experience with telecommunications / network wiring.
- Experience with CATV/ CCTV installation and maintenance.
- Alarms /Access control /Low Voltage experience, i.e. maglocks, keypads, card access will be preferred.
- Computer or electronics related skills; wiring , troubleshooting, networking, scripting, will be preferred.
- Valid Class G driver’s license
- Clean criminal record
- Physically fit, frequently climbing six-foot ladders.
- Ability to travel and stay out of town for up to 4 nights/ week.
- Ability to work extra hours.
For applicants who do not have experience with our systems, we will provide training and tools. All we ask is that you are capable of learning and critical thinking.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent, Apprenticeship
Salary: $17.00-$24.00 per hour
- Disability insurance
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
We provide all the necessary PPE and implementing safety protocols approved by Ontario Health, including bi-weekly testing. We are making efforts to isolate our field teams by minimizing social gatherings and inter-site traveling.
- Driver's class G (Preferred)