*****NEW STORE OPENING AT AIRPORT (YOW) ****
**IF YOU DO NOT MEET THE CRITERIA BELOW, IN BOLD, PLEASE DO NOT APPLY**
HIRING FOR STORE OPENING SHIFTS - 4:30am - 10am OR 5am - 8am FOR WEEKDAYS AND WEEKENDS
***MUST HAVE A VEHICLE***
**MUST SPEAK FLUENTLY IN FRENCH AND ENGLISH**
WILL BE CONDUCTING INTERVIEWS ASAP AND BEGIN TRAINING ASAP.
SUBWAY EXPERIENCE PREFERRED.
POSITION TITLE: Sandwich Artist®
REPORTS TO: Management
The Sandwich Artist® greets and serves guests, prepares product, maintains food safety and sanitation standards, and handles or processes light paperwork. Exceptional guest service is a major component of this position.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
- Exhibits a cheerful and helpful manner while greeting guests and preparing their orders.
- Demonstrates a complete understanding of menu items and explains them to guests accurately.
- Uses Point of Sale system/cash register to record the order and compute the amount of the bill. Collects payment from guests and makes change.
- Performs Cash-In Procedure- accounting for all forms of money, bread, etc., during the shift.
- Prepares food neatly, according to formula, and in a timely manner.
- Checks products in sandwich unit area and restocks items to ensure a sufficient supply throughout the shift.
- Understands and adheres to proper food handling, safety and sanitation standards during food preparation, service and clean up.
- Cleans and maintains all areas of the restaurant to promote a clean image. Understands and adheres to the Wash, Rinse, and Sanitize method of cleaning.
- Understands and adheres to all quality standards, formulas and procedures as outlined in the Subway® Operations Manual: Daily Procedures.
- Maintains a professional appearance and grooming standards as outlined in the Subway® Operations Manual: Daily Procedures.
- Performs light paperwork duties as assigned.
- Completes University of Subway® courses as directed.
Education: Some high school or equivalent.
Experience: Previous food experience at least 1 year. For Supervisory positions, at least 2 years in a supervisory roll in the food industry.
Ability to understand and implement written and verbal instruction. FLUENT IN SPOKEN FRENCH IS ESSENTIAL.
Physical: Must be able to work any area of the restaurant when needed and to operate a computerized Point of Sale system/cash register. Position requires bending, standing, and walking the entire workday. Must have the ability to lift 10 pounds frequently and up to 30 pounds occasionally.
Location: 320 Queen Street, Ottawa, ON, K1R 5Y3 (location of interviews)
Job Type: Part-time
Location: 320 Queen Street, Ottawa, ON, K1R 7Y5
Job Type: Part-time