Piller’s Fine Foods, a Division of Premium Brands Operating Limited Partnership, is a premier Canadian producer of the finest European-style processed meats with state-of-the-art production facilities throughout Ontario. Our award-winning deli products under the Piller’s brand are sold to grocery and restaurant chains throughout North America.
We are currently accepting resumes for Full-Time General Labourers for our meat processing facility located in Brantford, Ontario.
What's in it for you?
- Competitive wages starting at $19.25/hour plus an extra $1.00 for the afternoon shift premium
- Wage increase at 1 year to $20.25/hour
- Company paid benefit package
- Company matched pension plan
- 3 weeks vacation time after completion of 1 year of employment
- Safety boot allowance
- Discount partnership with Perkopolis
- Lunchrooms with free coffee
- Options for purchasing Company shares
- Annual Company paid events, lunches and giveaways
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Check the quality of product and remove product defects
- Assemble boxes and pack product
- Scale and label boxes and palletize onto pallets
- Check product date codes and clean work areas
- Follow all prescribed SOPs, rotation schedules, HACCP, GMP and CCP procedures
Qualifications for this position include:
- Reading, writing and mathematical skills required
- Ability to follow direction and work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work effectively both as an individual and a team member
- Previous work experience in manufacturing is preferred but not required
Successful applicants will be required to work straight afternoons from Monday – Friday. Overtime may be required on an as needed basis.
Afternoon Shift: 2:55pm - 11:25pm
COVID-19 Vaccine or Testing Measures: Throughout the pandemic, Piller's Fine Foods has had to make important decisions that impact our team members, and we have done so by keeping the safety of our workforce our first priority. All employees must comply with the Company’s COVID-19 Vaccination Policy which requires employees to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 or undergo rapid testing as per Company direction.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Piller's Fine Foods is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or any other protected factor. Piller's Fine foods is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. Please advise us if you require accommodation.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $20.25 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Discounted or free food
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday