Join the hospitality team at the Rockwater Secret Cove Resort on the beautiful Sunshine Coast of BC. Rockwater offers our team members competitive wages, great benefits, and, on a "limited basis", living accommodations.
Rockwater Secret Cove Resort is a boutique resort located in a natural waterfront setting overlooking Malaspina Strait, and is a multi-year winner of BC Wedding Awards, and Luxury Travel Guide Awards. We offer our guests beauty and relaxation in the Pacific Coastal Rainforest, and outstanding west coast cuisine.
If your goal is to expand your professional horizons, Rockwater offers an engaging environment, where we focus on providing excellent customer service to our guests, and excellent opportunities for development to our team of hospitality leaders.
SOUS CHEF - KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Working in partnership with the Head Chef, responsible for the execution of the menu for Rockwater Secret Cove Resort.
- Responsibility for managing the day-to-day activities of the kitchen, under the direction of the Head Chef.
- Effectively participate in managing kitchen staff and processes in the absence of the Head Chef, maintaining high morale within the kitchen team and executing/driving excellence in food quality, food preparation, cleanliness and the skills of the crew and the kitchen.
- Other duties as directed by the Head Chef.
SOUS CHEF - QUALIFICATIONS & KEY ATTRIBUTES
- 2 - 10 years of previous experience in a senior kitchen role, a combination of both luxury hotel and fine dining experience would be an asset.
- Excellent technical culinary skills, familiarity and comfort with French cooking terms and techniques.
- Food Safe Certified.
- A Culinary Arts Diploma is an asset.
- Excellent time management and problem solving/decision making skills.
- Personal commitment to continuous improvement.
- Ambassadorship - complete understanding and belief in Rockwater and company philosophy
- Ability to remain calm and make effective decisions in stressful situations, and work effectively as part of a team.
- A positive outgoing personality, high energy and self-motivation. Good work ethic.
- Organizational Skills. Reliable.
- Ability to move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing up to 11.5 kilograms (25 pounds) without assistance.
- Frequent bending, standing and walking for extended periods of time required.
Job Type: Full-time
- previous: 3 years (Preferred)