Eastman Plumbing has been providing quality service in everything we do since 2009. We are proud of our in-house team of experts as well as our professional contacts who will repair, renovate, or upgrading with exceptional skill and customer service. Eastman Plumbing is currently looking for a Licensed Plumber to join our in-house team.
The Plumber is responsible for efficiently undertaking a variety of plumbing tasks ranging from fixing leakages to installing pipes . They are patient individuals with a practical mind and manual dexterity, able to work efficiently with great attention to detail. The goal is to install and maintain well-functioning systems that transport water, waste or hot liquids. The plumber must be adaptable, a good communicator, and able to work well under pressure.
- Read blueprints and drawings to understand or plan the layout of plumbing, waste disposal and water supply systems
- Cut, assemble and install pipes and tubes with attention to existing infrastructure (e.g. electrical wiring)
- Install and maintain water supply systems
- Locate and repair issues with water supply lines (e.g. leaks)
- Repair or replace broken drainage lines, clogged drains, faucets etc.
- Repair domestic appliances (e.g. washing machines) and fixtures (e.g. sinks) etc.
- Install and maintain liquid heating systems (radiators etc.)
- Install waste disposal and sanitary systems with well-functioning DWV systems
- Provide excellent service in a professional manner
- Willing perform other duties as required
Experience / Education
- Proven experience as a plumber (5+ years) ideally with both service and rough-in plumbing. Well technician certification considered an asset.
- Diploma from a trade school or successful completion of apprenticeship
- Valid license to practice profession
- Solid understanding of water distribution and disposal systems in residential and commercial buildings
- Working knowledge of heating and ventilation systems as well as appliances
- Ability to handle plumbing tools and equipment (pipe wrenches, pipe cutters, plungers etc.)
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Friendly with a great deal of patience
- Good physical condition and strength with the ability to work in awkward spaces
- Valid driver’s license
Compensation Based on Experience: Range Starting at $35/hr
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $35.00-$45.00 per hour
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- On call
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Lindsay, ON K9V 4R3: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- plumbing: 5 years (preferred)
- Class G Licence (preferred)
Work Location: In person