Canada (CA) - Calgary, AB
This position is not eligible for our relocation program
We all need energy. It warms our homes, cooks our food, gives us light, and gets us where we need to go. It also improves our quality of life in countless other ways. At TC Energy, our job is to deliver that energy to millions of people who depend on it across North America. And we take our job very seriously.
Guided by our values of safety, integrity, responsibility and collaboration, we develop and operate our facilities safely, reliably and with care for our impact on the environment. With our presence across the continent, our people play an active role in building strong communities.
We’re proud of how our hard work and commitment sets us apart and benefits society, every day. We’re looking for new team members who share our values and are ready to take on exciting challenges.
TC Energy’s Commercial Operations team is evolving to meet the needs of our growing business. We are seeking an experienced Director, Commercial Services & Modernization to lead teams that manage contractual agreements and pipeline transactions for customers on TC Energy’s Canadian Gas Pipeline systems.
Reporting to the Vice President, Commercial Operations, you will be responsible for providing strategic direction to and leading the Commercial Services & Modernization team while ensuring the accurate and timely billing of $4 billion in annual transportation services.
What you’ll do
Billing & Credit:
- Overall accountability and responsibility for providing strategic direction and influence tactical decisions related to business value, impact, and outcomes
- Drive an innovation culture, identify key opportunities in collaboration with our internal business partners
- Lead the Management team on modernizing existing tools and processes, and engage and motivate employees to take action
- Lead strategic IS Automation and Digital innovation projects, be accountable for project governance oversight
- Champion strong customer relationships with internal and external stakeholders to deliver business results
- Accountability of Management team overseeing the following:
commercial contracting, billing, and credit for all of Canada Gas, including NGTL, Foothills, Mainline, Trans Quebec and Maritimes (TQM) and Great Lakes Canada (GLC) pipelines assets; managing commercial contracting, credit assessments, and accurate and timely billing of $4 billion in annual transportation services
Nominations & Allocations
- An undergraduate degree in commerce, accounting, finance or related discipline
- Proven experience in leading digital innovation or related transformational projects
- Proven leadership skills to manage performance, lead change and inspire the team to achieve technical and business results
- Strong financial awareness and ability to communicate the financial implications of strategic opportunities
- Solid understanding of contracts, agreements, counterparty risk, credit, system transactions and business improvement
- Understanding of commercial regulatory environment in North America and compliance requirements
- An alternative combination of education and experience may be considered
- Proven systems thinker with demonstrated skills to lead through complexity, delegation, negotiation, influencing, and consensus building
- Understanding of how Mainline and NGTL systems operate and how TC Energy’s customers transact on our pipelines
- An MBA, Master’s degree or other professional designation would be an asset
About our business
Our 93,330 km (57,900-mile) natural gas pipeline network is positioned in two of the most prolific and lowest cost basins in North America – the Western Canadian Sedimentary Basin (WCSB) and the Appalachian Basin. Our systems are well placed to meet the continent’s growing demand for clean-burning natural gas by connecting the supply in these basins to important and growing markets across the continent. We supply more than 25 per cent of the clean-burning natural gas consumed daily across North America.
Apply to this posting by 01/27/2021 using reference code 77682. You must apply through our jobs system at jobs.tcenergy.com. Only applications submitted through our system will be acknowledged. Applications may be submitted using a mobile device or a desktop / laptop computer.
TC Energy is an equal opportunity employer.
Visit us at TCEnergy.com and connect with us on our social media channels for our latest news, employee stories, community activities, and other updates.
Thank you for choosing TC Energy in your career search.
- Depending on qualifications, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or ladder.
- Applicants must have legal authorization to work in the country in which the position is based with no restrictions.
- All positions require background screening. Some require criminal and/or credit checks to comply with regulations.
- TC Energy is committed to provide employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to race, religion, age, sex, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or disability. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available on request during the recruitment process. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats or communication supports by contacting email@example.com.