Kwantlen Polytechnic University has an exciting opportunity for an organized and detail focused individual to join our Office of the Registrar team as an Admissions Officer. This is a temporary auxiliary position based out of our Surrey Campus.
The Admissions Officer will be responsible for evaluating applications, transcripts and supporting documentation for admission and transfer credit in accordance with established policy and articulation agreements. The Admissions Officer will also liaise with faculty, staff and students to advise on KPU admissions and transfer policies and procedures, as well as be responsible for maintaining various resources and reference materials regarding the processing of transfer credit. The Admissions Officer will work in a team environment, providing support to the Admissions Coordinator, Credential Evaluation Coordinator, Admission Assistants and fellow Officers.
Please click link below to view the full job description:
To be successful in this role, we are seeking an individual who have the following qualifications:
1. Successful completion of an undergraduate bachelor’s degree. An applicable combination of education and experience may be considered.
2. Minimum 4 years of recent experience working in an admission, transfer credit and/or enrolment service position within a Registrar’s Office.
3. Demonstrated working knowledge of KPU programs as well as policies and processes relating to current application, admission and transfer processes.
4. Demonstrated experience and working knowledge of BC transfer system and transfer credit articulation processes.
5. Demonstrated experience assessing secondary and post-secondary transcripts for admission and transfer credit.
6. Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing, with prospective and current students, faculty and staff across the organization.
7. Formal training and/or extensive acquired knowledge of Banner Student system at an intermediate/advanced level, or a similar student information system.
8. Demonstrated ability to deal patiently and effectively with a diverse range of people and situations.
9. Demonstrated ability in dealing with sensitive situations that call for the use of diplomacy and tact in the delivery of information and explanations.
10. Demonstrated proficiency at an intermediate level with complex database systems such as Excel and Access.
11. Demonstrated customer service experience in a fast-paced work environment involving multiple demands.
12. Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information appropriately.
13. Demonstrated experience in planning and presenting training activities
14. Demonstrated ability to work independently, exercise good judgment and demonstrate initiative
15. Demonstrated organizational skills, including the ability to set priorities and meet deadlines.
16. Demonstrated aptitude for exacting and precise work.
17. Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Word at an Intermediate level.
18. Minimum of 40 WPM keyboarding skills with a high degree of accuracy.
19. Demonstrated knowledge of basic math.
Ready to apply?
Please forward your resume, including copies of post-secondary transcripts, quoting competition number 20 -72A to: email@example.com.
This posting will remain open until filled.
To help us process your application as quickly as possible, ensure your email subject line is written using the following format: Last Name-First Name, Competition Number XXXX. For example, “Doe-John, Competition Number XXXX
Please submit a separate email and resumé for each competition to which you are applying. Ensure you have clearly marked each email and resumé with your last name, first name, and the appropriate competition number.
The University welcomes and encourages applications from women, members of racialized groups/visible minorities, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, and persons of any gender identity or gender expression. If you require an accommodation through our hiring process, please include your request in the application email.
We thank all applicants for their interest in employment with KPU. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Kwantlen Polytechnic University is committed to protecting the safety and welfare of employees, students, and the general public, and upholding the reputation and integrity of the University. For this reason, final applicants will be asked to undergo a background check.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.