***This is a great position for someone looking for additional income above their current full-time position***
At UNFI, Canada, we have a passion for the planet and see the big picture- doing what's right for people and the earth.
As a Market Associate and Forklift Operator, you will have the opportunity to bring healthier food options to more plates across the country by assisting customers with questions and needs. You will use a forklift to move products for retail throughout the warehouse and help in creating retail displays prior to the market being opened.
This is a part time opportunity, working Friday @ 5:00 pm-10:00 pm AND Saturdays- 8:00 am- 7:00 pm or later. Paid overtime is required depending on business volume. As a perk, you receive organic food discounts on date of hire!
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous cash handling experience required.
- Previous customer service and / or retail experience required.
- Must be able to work in a team environment and be flexible regarding tasks and schedule.
- Must enjoy working with the public.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Operate the cash registers.
- Operate forklift to move material around the warehouse.
- Assist customers with questions and needs.
- Create retail displays and prepare the market area prior to opening. Be able to lift up to 49LBS of product.
- Help to dismantle retail displays after the market has closed.
- Assist in price ticketing display product.
- Observe all Company safety policies and procedures.
- Perform all duties and responsibilities in an ethical manner and in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
- forklift operator: 1 year (Preferred)