E.S. Fox Limited is recognized as a preeminent Canadian multi-trade Industrial, Commercial, Institutional (ICI), and nuclear constructor and fabricator. The company is headquartered in Niagara Falls, Ontario and maintains full-service regional offices in Hamilton, Toronto, Port Robinson, Kincardine, Whitby, Kingston, Thunder Bay, and Sudbury.This is a one year contract position with the possibility of extension.
E.S. Fox Limited has an exciting opportunity for a Programmer/Analyst to join the team in the Niagara Falls corporate head office.
POSITION TITLE : Programmer/Analyst (Full-time Contract)
DEPARTMENT : Information Technology (IT)
LOCATION : Niagara Falls, ON
REPORTS TO : Applications Development Manager
SUMMARY OF ROLE
To join existing team members in the ownership and day-to-day support and enhancement of existing critical business applications. Responsibilities will include the analysis, design, development, implementation, and support of custom business application software and integration to other packaged software.
KEY CUSTOMERS SERVED
- E.S. Fox Limited Management
- All Accounting Functions including Payroll
- Project Managers and Project Staff
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND/OR SERVICES PROVIDED
- Enhance and modify existing applications using the Oracle Developer tools, including Forms, Reports, PL/SQL, SQL, and other application tools.
- Provide support to existing application modules.
- Troubleshoot production problems, determining cause and problem resolution.
- Participate in the evolution of critical systems as changes in business, process, and technology emerge.
- Participate in project and team meetings interacting and collaborating with team members and other departments as appropriate.
- Develop functional requirement specifications for new enhancements and applications.
- Design and develop application code (Oracle Forms, Oracle Reports, SAP Crystal Reports, triggers, views, PL/SQL packages, functions, procedures, etc.).
- Write high quality and well-documented code according to accepted standards.
- Perform quality testing of changes to ensure they function correctly and match pre-determined test results in advance of user acceptance.
- Tune application code as needed.
- Error Free Code
- Productive and Efficient Programming
Knowledge and Education Requirements
- University or College degree/diploma in Computer Science
Specific Experience or Skills
- Must have a minimum of 3+ years of experience as an Application Developer.
- Experience using any of the following products would be considered an asset: Oracle Database, Oracle Fusion Middleware (Forms and Reports), SQL, PL/SQL, SAP Crystal Reports, Microsoft SQL Server and Microsoft Visual Studio
- DBA experience would be an asset
- Experience supporting java applications
- Experience working with financial applications (G/L, A/P, A/R, Job Costing, Payroll, etc.)
- Experience with data integration, data extraction, and data analysis
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Solid communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Able to handle multiple projects with shifting priorities.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrates some leadership skills and independence.
- Good understanding of emerging technologies.
- Ability to navigate, troubleshoot, and quickly develop in-depth technical understanding of new applications.
- Experience with VB, HTML, XML, Java and/or .NET technologies would be an asset.
- Must have strong technical, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Excellent presentation and meeting facilitation skills
- Proven skills in relationship building, customer-focus, decision-making, and accountability
- Well organized
- Results oriented
- Excellent communicator
- Team player
- Demonstrates creativity, initiative and perseverance
- Detail oriented
- Excellent decision-making and problem-solving skills
E.S. Fox Limited is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing an inclusive, barrier- free workplace. We will accommodate applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please advise Human Resources to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract