Please Note: This is a temporary position (until permanent employee returns)
Our employees are the backbone to our success and our most important resource.
A PrairieCoast Overview
PrairieCoast Equipment is a progressive John Deere Dealership with 11 locations throughout Northern Alberta and British Columbia.
We are committed to providing premier products and superior customer service. We embrace Technology and utilize it to better serve our customers. We value integrity, innovation, and passion. We act like owners and are accountable for our actions. A significant portion of PrairieCoast Equipment is owned by employees and we offer a RRSP and TFSA eligible Employee Share Ownership Plan.
- One of Canada’s Best Managed Companies™ each year since 2013
- One of Canada's Top Small & Medium Employers™ 2020, 2021 and 2022
- Recognition by John Deere as a top performing dealer in North America
- A competitive compensation package
- Annual sick pay allowance
- Employee Assistance program
- Peer recognition program
- Company contests and team building events
As a Shipper Receiver you will:
Ensure seamless processing of outgoing shipments and incoming items. Support the Parts Department as needed with picking parts. The Shipper/Receiver understands the impact of this position to other business functions that depend on the accuracy and efficiency of outgoing items. Inventory management and vendor relations with shipping companies are essential functions for this position.
The ideal candidate will have
- High school diploma or GED and experience in shipping role preferred with online shipping, tracking and receiving.
- Able to communicate both verbally and in writing and basic mathematical skills.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- Knowledge of filling out waybills and bills of lading and international shipments.
- Ability to weigh and measure items and working knowledge of safe packing methods.
- Demonstrated ability to operate material handling equipment including forklift truck.
- Able to work efficiently as a part of a team as well as independently.
- Computer literacy, including e-mail.
- Attention to detail in all areas of work.
- Good organizational, time management and prioritizing skills.
- Able to lift up to 75 lbs.
Job Type: Full-time
- How many years of experience do you have with shipping, tracking and receiving?
- What is your expected wage for this position?
Work Location: In person