StFX is a top ranking Canadian university and we are seeking a Customer Service Representative to be a part of the team at the STFX Store and Academic Services. This opening is for a permanent, full time position. Reporting to the Manager, StFXStore, and operating in conjunction with co-workers within the store, the Customer Service Representative will be responsible for serving various needs of customers and clients of the store. Occasional overtime and alternating weekend work is expected.
- Assisting customers in locating desired textbooks, trade books and supplies and in selecting a wide variety retail merchandise, including X-Rings
- Processing the sale of items via our POS System (BookLog) with timeliness, professionalism, and accuracy
- Answering phone and email inquiries and / or directing inquiries to appropriate personnel
- Maintaining a clean and tidy work and display environment.
- Building retail displays, stocking shelves and packing books and other merchandise for shipment.
- Providing service support and backfilling for the various store divisions as requested.
- Providing feedback to management, and area supervisors, arising via customer interaction.
- Excellent customer service skills with a focus on professionalism and quality control
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of Windows XP and MS Office Suite; proficiency in Outlook and Internet Explorer
- Must be able to work extended hours without sitting and able to lift 25-50lb.
- Commitment to learn and comply with both University and StFX Store Policies.
- Ability to work well with others in a cooperative, and often fast-paced, environment.
- Successful completion of at least one (1) year of post-secondary education would be an asset and a minimum of one (1) year experience in a similar retail environment is required.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $15.93-$19.47 per hour
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Wellness program
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-10-06