Haerko Inc. is a growing and dynamic team of professionals operating in the Non-profit Housing Sector in Business Consulting, Project Management, Asset Management, Real Estate Development and Portfolio Regeneration. We are seeking a Proposal Writer and Business Analyst to assist us in writing proposals, reports and funding applications not only for current customers, but also to secure new business opportunities through proposal writing in response to RFPs and bids published on various websites such as biddingo.com and bidsandtenders.com.
The job description is as follows:
PROPOSAL WRITER AND BUSINESS ANALYST
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
Reporting to the President, the Proposal Writer and Business Analyst will be responsible for:
1. Writing proposals for the corporation to secure contracts.
2. Preparing and supporting funding applications on behalf of clients.
3. Performing business analysis related to asset and financial management.
The Proposal Writer and Business Analyst will be responsible for the following:
· Search for business opportunities, evaluate and recommend for development
· Draft proposals and submit to prospective client or procurement system
· Search for funding opportunities on behalf of clients and Haerko
· Prepare funding applications on behalf of clients including analysis as required
· Liaise with client to secure the required information for the funding application
· Liaise with funding organization representative to ensure a successful and timely funding agreement is executed
· Complete report writing and business analysis related to Haerko projects
· Organize and coordinate meetings to accomplish required tasks and/or goals
· Develop a practice of continuous improvement as it relates to this role that includes the preparation and improvement of standard operating procedures
· Seek opportunities to reduce cost of work and improve work quality
Education, Experience and Skills – Minimum Qualifications
· University degree in business or economics and three or more years of business experience
· Demonstrated knowledge of fundamental business processes
· Excellent and accurate formal report writing, data management and analytical skills
· High level of competency in Excel and Word and sound knowledge of all other MS Office applications
Preferred Experience and Skills
· Experience in the social and affordable housing sector
· Successful writing of proposals that have resulted in awarded business and/or funding
· Self-motivated to deliver to a high level of performance with excellence
· Ability to apply basic business/problem-solving principles to operational challenges
· A track record of developing and maintaining positive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills
· Demonstrated initiative that improves service or business results
· Strong organizational and planning skills, and ability to work well under pressure to meet strict deadlines
· Possession of a valid Ontario Driver’s License Class “G” and the use of a personal vehicle for work
Contract length: Indefinite/Ongoing
Part-time hours: 10-40 per week, mostly Mon-Friday, but on occasion, weekend work may be necessary
Application Deadline: 2021-01-31
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS: Cover letter, resume, and three professional references (references required by interview stage).
Expected Start Date: as soon as possible
Job Types: Part-time, Contract, Freelance
Salary: From $28.00 per hour
This job can be almost entirely accomplished from your home office.
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)
- proposal writing: 3 years (Required)