Lifestyle Options Retirement Communities are locally owned and its mandate is to operate quality, affordable seniors’ retirement buildings. Lifestyle Options takes tremendous pride in operating supportive retirement communities with professional staff that foster healthy aging and focus on the needs of each individual.
We are currently recruiting for a Resident Care Manager for our Leduc location.
Reporting to the Site Manager, the Resident Care Manager directs, plans, and coordinates service activities of professional nursing and auxiliary nursing personnel in rendering resident care. In partnership with the Site Manager, the Resident Care Manager is responsible for the management of human, financial, and material resources required to meet the care needs of the residents while carrying out the Mission, Vision and Values of Lifestyle Options in fostering meaningful living through a person-centered and strength-based approach. The Resident Care Manager helps establish collaborative relationships with Alberta Health Services to achieve resident and family centered and organizational goals.
This position is a Full Time, Permanent position
Hours 8:30am - 5:00pm Monday to Friday
On call duties are required
- Provide leadership and management, guidance and direction to resident care staff and offer consultation about specific problems or issues related to resident care.
- Lead management of residents' health care in partnership with the attending Physician and the Case Manager and members of the care team; taking actions to address concerns, and reporting all significant changes.
- Coordinate and collaborate with AHS Case Management Team and interdisciplinary team in scheduling, facilitating and holding care conferences, care and medication reviews
- Works with the Site Manager in ensuring quality assurance, regulatory compliance, coordination of residents' health and wellness needs, medication program management and resident assessments and other clinical services.
- Works with pharmacy provider in ensuring sustainable implementation of medication-related policies and procedures and maintain safe medication practices through periodic evaluation and audits
- Develop appropriate staff schedules to ensure that resident care is managed according to work flow.
- Work with AHS Case Management team in coordinating, scheduling, and carrying out of resident care plans based on comprehensive resident assessments (admission, annual and significant change in status)
- Assist in the recruiting, hiring and training of the resident care team.
- Coordinate staff education and training with the Quality & Risk Manager and Educator on required staff education and other relevant courses to maintain their skills and competency and to ensure appropriate orientation and onboarding
- Ensure LPN staff have current certification annually and proof of registration is on file
- Monitor and provide regular staff performance evaluations to identify areas that need improvement.
- Mentor and coach nursing staff (including health care aides) in carrying out resident care plans and performance of clinical policies and procedures
- Ensure maintenance of complete and accurate medical health records in compliance with current provincial regulations and health policies.
- Coordinate and follow up with physicians, home health agencies, hospice, laboratories, diagnostic imaging, pharmacy and other services as necessary.
- Assist the Site Manager with the evaluation of the appropriateness of new admissions and continued stays in consultation with the Quality and Risk Manager
- Assist with resident admission and discharge processes.
- Track, collect, monitor, and report monthly and quarterly incident reports (medication error, falls) and other required internal and external reports to Quality and Risk Manager
- Use data collected from incident reports in initiating quality improvement and risk management initiatives in consultation with the Site Manager and Quality and Risk Manager
- Participate and represent the site in Medication And Clinical Advisory Committee (MCAC)
- Lead site-based clinical and quality initiatives aimed at improving the quality of life of all residents and staff
- Maintain positive communication with the families and/or responsible parties of residents on a regular basis to keep them aware and informed of the status of their family member
- Participate and help facilitate resident-family councils and responds to issues and concerns regarding resident care
- Assists in developing clinical policies and procedures, including implementation and training in those procedures and ensuring they are sustained
- Maintains a safe and healthy working environment and uses safe work methods and procedures as laid out in the Occupational Health and Safety Policies
- Participates in Manager On call duties as assigned
- Attends internal and external clinical/operator/quality council meetings or delegates attendance if unable to attend
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Current registration with the College of Licensed Practical Nurses of Alberta
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in geriatrics, rehabilitation and/ or retirement living in a supervisory role.
- Knowledgeable of the nursing process and its application, including the assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of nursing care.
- Demonstrate ability to assist residents, family members or other clients with concern and empathy; respecting their confidentiality and privacy and communicating in a courteous and respectful manner.
- Must possess excellent supervisory and leadership abilities.
- Must express initiative, good judgment and foster a positive work atmosphere.
- Current CPR and First AID Certification
- Must be able to cover any shift if need arises, do weekly and monthly reports, schedules etc.
- Understanding of the Alberta Supportive Living Model of Care
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts.
- Possesses a well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills.
- High degree of resourcefulness, flexibility, and adaptability.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Basic knowledge of computer applications is required.
- Is committed to resident and staff safety, on-going learning and continuous quality improvement.
- Excellent Benefits, including a Health and Wellness spending account
- Company Matching RRSP Program
- Free employee buffet lunch monthly
- Free underground, heated parking
We would like to thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
- geriatrics: 5 years (Required)