We currently have 2 full-time, permanent Member Service Representative positions available;
Hardisty/Irma: this position is split between our Hardisty Branch (2 days/week) and our Irma Branch (3 days/week) and is available immediately.
Wainwright: this position is based at our Wainwright Branch; start date is yet to be determined.
A key element of excellent service is to identify the financial needs of each member and recommend an appropriate credit union solution. The role of the Member Service Representative is to provide a variety of cash and non-cash related transactions for members; identify the financial needs of each member and recommend and refer Credit Union products and services where appropriate. The member service representative presents a positive, pleasant public image, providing fast, efficient, and personalized service.
Working as part of a team you will:
- Perform a variety of financial and statistical transactions in a timely and accurate manner for members within defined policies and procedures;
- Effectively match products and services to members needs by identifying/recognizing problems, needs and opportunities;
- Identify and act upon opportunities to promote Encompass Credit Union products and services to be both favorable to the member and organization;
- Identify and make quality referrals for financial planning, insurance sales, advanced investment opportunities and estate planning, etc.;
- Assist with or balance various internal accounts and ledgers without error and inclusion of accurate documentation within specified timeline.
Your qualifications include:
- Minimum Grade 12 diploma;
- Good customer service and sales experience;
- 2 years or more of Credit Union banking system experience or other financial institution equivalent is preferred.
- Background education in accounting or business administration is an asset;
- A self-motivated individual who is a quick learner and is committed to self-development and personal growth;
- Effective business communication skills including written, verbal, and interpersonal; analytical, problem solving, and decision making skills;
- High level of accuracy with strong attention to detail;
- Time/priority management; planning, organizing, implementing and skills.
Our compensation includes:
- Competitive salary starting at $34,512 per year ($17.70 per hour).
- A Comprehensive benefits package including employer paid Health, Dental, Employee & Family Assistance Program and yearly Health Care Spending Account.
- Matched pension program.
- A variable base (bonus) pay program.
- Yearly educational allowance for on-going professional development.
- Paid vacation and personal days upon hire.
We are an organization who takes pride in our communities and sees the benefits of giving back through grants, scholarships and funding. Our employees are an integral part of our success and we take care to ensure that we provide them with the benefits and resources that they may need.
Learn more about Encompass Credit Union: www.encompasscu.ca
Learn more about Wainwright: www.wainwright.ca
Please submit your resume and cover letter indicating which branch you are applying for.
Our closing date is June 17, 2019.
We thank all applicants for their interest and will contact those selected for an interview.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent