Mission to Our Employees:
Teladoc Health is the global virtual care leader, offering the only comprehensive virtual care solution spanning telehealth, expert medical, and licensed platform services. Teladoc Health serves the world's leading insurers, employers, and health systems and helps millions of people around the world resolve their healthcare needs with confidence. We are committed to provide our Employees a stable work environment with equal opportunity for learning and personal growth. Creativity and innovation are encouraged for improving the effectiveness of Teladoc Health. Above all, Employees will be provided the same concern, respect, values and caring attitude within the organization that they are expected to share with our clients.
The Member Advocate is an integral part of a specialized tactical operations team comprised of clinical operations support coordinators, medical records coordinators, physicians and nurses that facilitates the delivery of healthcare information to Best Doctors members. This is a case management position focused on optimizing clinical quality and ensuring the highest level of member happiness on all cases across the full spectrum of Best Doctors service lines. Your primary responsibilities include: triage of member’s request and selection of service line(s), intake of members’ medical history and its outline in a template document, management of services’ delivery, communication with members for clinical updates /case progression / delivery of medical information, and continuous collaboration with the clinical team.
What you will do:
- Provides first level clinical contact with member.
- You will Direct members to the most appropriate Best Doctors service based on their medical condition and clinical status and sets appropriate members’ expectations about service delivery.
- Obtains a comprehensive health history by leading members through a systematic and dynamic intake to collect all relevant data about their current health condition and past history for the provision of eSummary or InterConsultation services.
- Obtains a condensed health history for the provision of Find Best Doc, Find Best Care, 360 or Ask the Expert services.
- Based on the presented medical history and service selection, identifies the relevant medical data to be collected for the purpose of service delivery.
- Through the use of specific templates, writes a detailed or summarized medical history based on service selection.
- Throughout services’ delivery, provides clinical support and guidance in the navigation of the health care system.
- For the provision of 360 services, researches and professionally documents clinical resources for presentation to members.
- You provide clear, concise communication on services’ progression to members with a focus on providing the highest level of customer service.
- Works in partnership with the clinical team as needed in support of case progression.
- Utilizes technology to ensure case coordination and integrity of information documenting all internal and external communications (verbal and written).
- Uses clinical judgment in the review of complex medical issues to ensure accuracy of clinical summaries/reports prepared by global internal and external physicians.
- Efficiently raises concerns regarding cases to Clinical Operations Supervisor, Manager of Clinical Operations, and/or physician assigned to case.
- Uses clinical knowledge in the review of Best Doctors Reports with members explaining acronyms and medical jargon.
- You are accountable for meeting aggressive service standards for speed of case progression, quality, and member happiness of personal cases measured via individual and team scorecards.
- Ensures compliance with privacy legislation (PIPEDA, PHIPA) rules and regulations with all parties encountered in the service delivery.
- Ensures adherence to processes.
- Other duties as directed.
What we are looking for:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Quality driven with a focus on flawless customer service
- Outstanding colleague & strong interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multitask with ease
- Solid direct care experience and strong clinical knowledge base
- Minimum of 2 years of clinical experience in acute (ER or ICU) or oncology care
- Minimum of 3 years of clinical experience in non-acute care (medical or surgical care preferred)
- Knowledge of office productivity software (Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat) and experience with browser-based software applications sufficient to enter data and search for information
- Sufficient working knowledge of business general administrative and operational activities to understand the importance of clients’ needs
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing preferred
- This position is REMOTE
- Very competitive salary & equity compensation
- Excellent health, dental, vision coverage
- 401k benefits with employer matching contribution; immediately vested
- Awesome people to work with
- Becoming a part of a movement in telemedicine and building something that matters
For a more detailed look at our company and values, visit out website at https://teladochealth.com/en/about/
At Teladoc Health we thrive on difference and individuality. Teladoc Health is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Job Type: Full-time