Are you ready to join Canada's most-shopped general merchandise retailer, with over 500 stores from coast to coast?
Canadian Tire offers customers a unique mix of products and services through three specialty categories in which the organization is the market leader - automotive parts, accessories and service; sports and leisure products; and home products.
Canadian Tire offers competitive compensation packages including; benefits, potential for profit sharing, extensive training, and career opportunities from within and across the country at the Canadian Tire Retail stores.
The Warehouse Associate has a key role in ensuring that products are received, verified, stored, and transported to the sales floor or in the warehouse in a safe and efficient manner. Associates are also responsible for keeping the warehouse neat, tidy, and well maintained. This position includes a lot of lifting and carrying.
Main Responsibilities and Tasks:
THIS IS AN OVERNIGHT WAREHOUSE ASSOCIATE POSITION. MUST BE ABLE TO WORK SUNDAY - THURSDAY FROM 9:30 PM TO 6:00 AM FOR THE RECEIVING POSITION OR 11:00 PM TO 6:00 AM FOR THE STOCK POSITION :
· Receives, scans, verifies, and stores all incoming and overstock products according to established procedures and policies.
· Ships returns and completes proper paperwork.
· Provides the team with the necessary supporting processes to enhance the overall customer experience within the store through:
· Maintaining housekeeping disciplines in the warehouse in order to facilitate location of products by all staff.
· Responding to and handling customer and staff inquiries, requests, and concerns in a timely manner.
· Delivering and assembling merchandise as required.
· Reconciles inventory differences.
· Prepares merchandise for filing, sorts and fills merchandise carts for the retail floor.
· Is responsible for garbage disposal, cardboard recycling, and the disposal of broken products in accordance with store policy.
· Processes damaged and returned claims.
· Repairs broken packages as needed.
· Operates computer and scanning tools, and enters all relevant coding in Canadian Tire systems.
· Is responsible for the safe operation of all warehouse equipment (forklift, skyjack etc.).
· Handles dangerous goods and hazardous products according to established procedures.
· Results-oriented individual.
· Effective written and oral communication skills.
· Ability to complete detail oriented retail tasks according to instructions and to demonstrate responsibility for outcomes.
· Ability to work in a team environment that provides assistance and support to co-workers to achieve common goals.
· Ability to resolve retail and/or customer issues.
· Ability to adapt and cope with challenging and changing situations.
· Positive attitude, punctuality, and solid work ethic.
· Certification in forklift and skyjack (or scissor lift) is preferred.
More about the position:
Potential Career Opportunities
· Next levels: Merchandiser, Supervisor, Warehouse Manager and Promotions Manager.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
· Standing/walking for 8 hours.
· Lifting and/or carrying of merchandise items, as required, on a regular, frequent and unassisted basis. Merchandise items may vary in weight from "light" to "heavy".
· Lifting and turning repeatedly throughout the shift.
· Ability to go up and down a ladder and stairs while carrying merchandise.
Our offering includes
· Competitive compensation and benefit package
· Potential for Profit Sharing
· Employee Shopping Discounts
· Flexible work hours
· Learning and Development opportunities
· Reward and Recognition Program
· A culture of performance & accountability
· A supportive and positive team environment
Background Check Requirements:
As a condition of employment, this position may be subject to the successful completion of the following pre-employment conditions:
· Employment Verification
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
- Dental Care
- Extended Health Care
- On-site Parking
- Profit Sharing
- Store Discount
- Vision Care
- Retail: 2 years (Preferred)
- Wahrehouse: 2 years (Preferred)
- Retail Warehouse: 2 years (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Preferred)