This position involves directly reporting to the Vice President and President. You will oversee multiple projects, Journeymen , Apprentices , General Foreman and support the Superintendents. You will play a key role in job handover meetings, including critical path scheduling, document organization and control, equipment and manpower requirements, and review estimates, scope and pricing. You will regularly review up-to-date project progress information and work-in-progress reports.
You will work with the superintendents to coordinate the activities of foremen and subcontractor work crews as required, as well as visit project sites for troubleshooting and to ensure project quality. You will also be responsible for the overall safety of all manpower working on site, proactively supporting the corporate safety program and setting a positive example. You will provide on-going support to field personnel to help identify and remove obstacles that impede construction progress and to resolve challenges with the respective owners. You will coordinate, price, and process change orders or technical problems with owner requirements, suppliers, superintendents, and subcontractors.
You will troubleshoot any issues before they have negative impacts on the projects. Your leadership position will require you to serve as a role model and mentor: you will help others develop as leaders, inspire coworkers to attain goals and identify opportunities for their improvement.
- Maintaining accurate job files and reviewing drawings.
- Assisting with take-offs and initial project planning.
- Maintaining organization of ongoing projects and relaying information between all parties involved in project planning and management.
- Coordinating the work of subcontractors working on various phases of projects.
- Reporting any challenges or issues to the Superintendent in a timely manner.
- Keeping records of site activities on various projects while ensuring safety protocols are in place .
- Expeditious completion of project deficiencies.
- Maintaining professional conduct and a good working relationships at all times with owners, consultants, trades, suppliers ,co-workers and the public.
- Receiving, tracking and inspecting field purchases and materials, keeping daily records of labour, equipment and materials.
- Identifying problems early and immediately notifying Superiors.
- Willing to take on training, learn new skills and grasp development opportunities, motivated to continually build knowledge as well as sharing expertise with others.
- College Diploma , University Degree or Trade certificate (General Carpentry preferred).
- Familiarity with construction terminology & specifications.
- Ability to work under pressure and achieve maximum efficiency.
- Ability to read and understand technical drawings and specifications.
- Ability to effectively solve problems and take decisive action within the limits of authority.
- Ability to take a proactive outlook as it relates to Health and Safety.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written.
- Strong organizational skills a must.
- Attention to detail and entrepreneurial mindset with long term strategic goals.
- Valid G driver’s license with clean abstract.
- Ability to work independently or work as part of a team.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and innovation .
- Can go beyond immediate assignments and act on opportunities to manage multiple tasks .
- Ability to address and resolve conflicts and disagreements when necessary.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $60,000.00-$70,000.00 per year
- 10 Hour Shift
- 8 Hour Shift
- Monday to Friday
- Construction: 5 years (Preferred)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (Required)
- Manage construction sites, ensuring that workers adhere to construction plans and safety codes
- Create and enforce employee schedules and construction timelines
- Update clients on construction progress through presentations and client meetings