Northern Zone, Cumberland Regional Health Care Centre
3003451 PERI Surgical Nursing Unit
Type of Employment:
Permanent Hourly PT (20% FTE) x 1 position(s)
Admin Professionals Bargaining Unit - CUPE
Posting Closing Date:
Applications are accepted until 11:59 PM on the Closing Date.
Nova Scotia Health Authority is the largest provider of health services in Nova Scotia. We are over 22,000 employees who provide health care and support services in hospitals, health centres and community-based programs throughout Nova Scotia.
Nova Scotia Health Authority provides health services to Nova Scotians and some specialized services to Maritimers and Atlantic Canadians. We operate hospitals, health centres and community-based programs across the province. Our team of health professionals includes employees, doctors, researchers, learners and volunteers that provide the health care or services you may need. This is accomplished across four geographic management zones which are responsible for the operation of acute care health centres and the provision of a variety of inpatient, outpatient services including academic, tertiary, quaternary care and community based programs and services including continuing care, primary health care, public health, and mental health and addictions.
Reporting directly to the Patient Care Manager, the Ward Clerk I will provide operational support and organizational assistance to the patient care area in the Surgical Unit.
- Grade 12 or equivalent
- Completion of a recognized post-secondary secretarial program
- Medical Terminology is required
- Demonstrated interest in contributing to quality patient care
- Experience/exposure to a health care setting is an asset
- Working knowledge of computers and various software applications
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks
- Demonstrated skill in working collaboratively and effectively with others
- Ability and willingness to meet challenges and adapt to changing situations an asset
- An equivalent combination of training and experience may be considered for this position
- Previous work attendance will be taken into consideration
- Competencies in other languages an asset, French preferred
- Successful Applicants are required to provide a criminal record check to People Services before starting employment and assume any associated costs as a condition of employment
Applicants relying on education and experience equivalencies must clearly state such equivalencies in their cover letter, resume, or application. Additionally, candidates will not be considered for an interview if applications are incomplete or are missing information.
Hours of Work
Permanent, part-time (0.2) position; 14 hours bi-weekly
$19.9858 - $21.7955 hourly
Thank you for your interest in this position. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Typically interviews are held within three to four weeks of the closing date.
Successful external applicants will be required to submit the below documents and assume any associated costs as a condition of employment. Additional documentation such as banking & proof of identity will be included in your offer letter.
Criminal Record Check
Proof of education & training certifications
Proof of any additional required qualification
Valid registration with the relevant licensing body
Submission of immunization record along with health assessment documentation
Proof of SIN number
Hiring Process will depend on the timeliness of delivering the above. This is a Admin Professionals bargaining unit - CUPE position. Preference is given to bargaining unit employees for unionized positions. Nova Scotia Health Authority is proud to provide a smoke free and scent free environment. Only online applications are accepted.
Nova Scotia Health Authority (NSHA) is committed to being a workforce that is free of discrimination, values diversity and is representative, at all job levels, of the people we serve. Our priority groups are Aboriginal People, African Nova Scotians, Persons with Disabilities and Recent Immigrants. Members of these groups are welcome to apply and self-identify if they wish to be considered under our Employment Equity policy.
Follow us on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/NSHA.Recruitment/