CIBC Mellon is a leading provider of asset servicing solutions to institutional investors in Canada, including multi-currency accounting, fund valuation, and investment information reporting. We are passionate about providing exceptional client service backed by our culture of innovation and success. Our outstanding employee experience will provide you with opportunities to learn and grow professionally while supporting the communities in which you live and work.
We are a diverse and dynamic workplace where employees take an active role in delivering on strategic objectives while advancing their individual career goals. We encourage innovative thinking and give our employees the support and resources they need to turn great ideas into actions.
We’re always looking for talented people who can make a meaningful difference for our clients, our company and our communities. To learn more about why our employees love coming to work each day, visit www.cibcmellon.com/experience.
The Portfolio Operations Administrator executes critical daily processes to support investments by mutual funds, ETFs and separately managed accounts.
- Operating specialist systems for reconciliations, trade transmissions, and modeling/projections
- Ensuring correct and timely post-execution allocation, confirmation, and reporting of all portfolio security trades, foreign exchange deals, term loans, and derivative transactions
- Receiving securities trades on a daily basis from investment advisors and Investment Management, and ensuring they are accurately and promptly entered to the Funds' records
- Performing reconciliations and identifying, reporting and escalating portfolio security discrepancies
- Working with custodian banks/prime brokers, investment managers, and traders to resolve portfolio discrepancies and market settlement issues
- Researching, communicating, tracking, responding on, and booking corporate actions
- Supporting the documentation process for foreign market access, broker accounts, and tax identification
- Researching and creating security profiles of financial instruments
CIBC Mellon's Values:
Get it Right Every Day:
- Two to four years experience in an accounting/operations related position (experience with mutual funds, securities/investments, foreign currency translation and derivatives preferred)
- Post secondary degree/diploma specializing in Accounting/Finance/Commerce/Business
- Working towards completion of the Canadian Securities Course and Derivatives Fundamental Course
- Familiarity with systems such as MPower, Bloomberg, SSCNet, and T-Recs
- Proficiency in PC software such as MS Excel and Word
- Programming/development and data management skills an asset
- Ability to work independently in a time sensitive environment and deal with fluctuating work volumes is required
- A high attention to detail is required
- Good written and verbal communications skills
Deliver service excellence while always acting with the highest ethical standards
Put Clients at the Centre:
Advocate for clients by listening, sharing knowledge, and bringing the right solutions forward
Be One Family:
Challenge, empower and recognize your colleagues
Speak up, speak out, and make things better