OZ Optics Limited is a leading worldwide supplier of fiber optic products, test equipment and sensors. It is located in Canada's capital city of Ottawa and established in 1985.
- Every employee receives full benefits including medical, dental, optical and life insurance with the premiums paid for by OZ Optics.
- Opportunity to work along side with subject matter experts in fiber optics
- Opportunity to work on world-class products with cutting-edge technologies
- Best recreational facilities company can offer. Squash and basketball courts, weight-training rooms, indoor pool, sauna, and hot tub for use by employees
- Staff events - adult and children's holiday parties, Easter egg hunt, family summer barbeque, and soccer games.
- Free on-site parking
- Program mills, turning centers and multi-axis machines (MasterCam X9)
- Prepare, update and maintain set up sheets and program library
- Set up and operate conventional and CNC machines to fabricate highly accurate components used in fiber optic assemblies
- Design and fabricate custom tools, fixture, dies and jigs as required
- Work in line with engineers for optimum product quality
- Consult with engineers regarding product information such as design, capacity, purpose and types of material to be used to fabricate product
- Analyses written specs, drawings, blueprints, etc to determine set up requirements
- Designs fixtures, tooling and experimental parts to meet engineering specs
- Program, set up and operates machine tools such as lathe, mill, swiss turn, multi-tasking multi axis machining center and grinder to machine parts to spec, verifying conformance
- Sets up, operate machines on trial runs to verify accuracy of machine settings and program quality
- High precision machining of small parts (various materials)
- Establishes, monitors and documents work procedures for fabricating new structural products
- Coordinate machine maintenance and repair
- 5 years related experience
- Red Seal Government Certification (General Machinist/Toolmaker) preferred
- Diploma/Degree in related field (mechanical engineering/tool-making/manufacturing)
- Advanced knowledge of CNC Lathes
- Advanced knowledge of Mastercam
Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- related: 5 years (Required)