Symphony Senior Living is a leading provider of quality senior services in Canada; we provide private pay services to residents in our beautiful communities, from independent living, through to end of life. We are the true alternative to a Long-Term Care facility – to that end we are not a medical institution we are the home to many seniors of many levels of ability. We Serve both our Seniors and Their loved ones.
We are currently seeking a passionate and experienced team member to join our team as receptionist for our Forest Valley Terrace Community. The community serves seniors needing assisted living and Dementia care support.
You should be interested in this position if you love working with people and you find the challenge of connecting and serving residents with physical needs rewarding! We require, someone who is compassionate and driven to provide a high quality, interactive, residential and compassionate environment to the resident, their families and the team. Our residents and families pay for all costs, so you must be able to understand budgeting and be a good steward of the resources available and our customer needs.
The perfect candidate may have experience with a variety of industries including hospital, retirement home or long-term care. We will teach you our systems, programs and philosophy, but we cannot teach compassion and empathy, so you will demonstrate those to us in an interview process.
The receptionist, under the direction of designated management and supervisors, will greet everyone walking into our community in a warm, professional and friendly manner. Responsible for directing and informing our resident’s and guests. Ensure the lobby and bistro area remains clean and safe at all times.
Other Items to be aware of:
- Symphony is an equal opportunity employer
- This position is a Union position
- This position included working every other weekend
- You must pass a Vulnerable sector back ground check
- You must be able to work with dogs, cats and other animals, allergies or other needs cannot be accommodated.
- Due to our high level of residents with dementia; your tattoos and piercings must either remained covered by clothing or are discrete. Any other external body decoration, including hair, must not be frightening to a frail senior with dementia.
- You must be legally allowed to work in Canada
- You must be in good physical health as this job requires lifting, sitting, standing and walking.
- Must be able to read and write in English to a minimum High School Level
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Job Type: Part-time
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- office administration: 1 year (Preferred)
- receptionist: 1 year (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Preferred)
- Carleton Place, ON (Preferred)
- Stocking supplies
- Sorting and sending mail
- Answering and routing phone calls
- Greeting visitors