Almita Piling, one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, is seeking an energetic team member to be the driving force of our project pursuits team for Eastern Canada. This key member of our team will be primarily engaged in introducing us to new deep foundation markets and expanding our catalog of sophisticated clients. Our focus is on developing a cooperative environment with our clients to identify and provide dynamic, specialized solutions in the Rail, Oil & Gas, and Mining industries. We are looking for someone with a background in construction, project management, estimating and or foundation design capable of furthering the reach of our solution-based project pursuit team.
- Identifies and qualifies new prospective clients and opportunities to maximize business opportunities.
- Focuses on building relationships through outside selling skills, attending conferences/seminars, hosting lunch and learns with prospective clients, etc.
- Establishes and builds relationships with senior executives and line managers of prospective and established customers.
- Closes new business opportunities by working with both internal and external customers.
- Maintains proactive relationship management and regular/consistent contact management strategies with assigned client base.
- Plays a key role in the creation, facilitation and delivery of corporate service offerings.
- Provides feedback to sales management and business owners to ensure company’s solutions continue to meet client needs.
- Manages and maintains prospect database.
- Interacts with organizational pursuite team members and other internal customers to ensure project completion for all clients.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
The following are required:
- Bachelor’s degree or College diploma in Business, Marketing or related field
- 5 years of direct work experience in Business Development or similar project pursuit environment
- Knowledge of costing and estimation best practices from the construction industry.
- Knowledge of business principles involved in resource allocation, production methods and coordination of people and resources.
- Intermediate Microsoft Office Skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Project)
- Background in foundation technology and or construction operations.
- Knowledge of and experience working with CRM systems
Job Type: Full-time
- Business Development: 5 years (Preferred)