Clinic Nurse Care Coordinator (Full Time Position)
We provide primary health care through a range of options including prevention, assessment, diagnosis and treatment. Our interprofessional teams include health professionals, educators and support workers representing both traditional Anishinaabe and contemporary models of care and using wholistic health and community development concepts.
The Clinic Nurse/Care Coordinator is part of a client-centered professional team structure and reports to an Interprofessional Team Manager. The clinic nurse works with a variety of registered and non-registered health care providers, both directly and under the facilitation of medical directives, to facilitate coordination of client care and support optimal functioning of the team to provide health care services.
NOTE: Traditional practices involving burning sacred medicines including tobacco, sweetgrass, sage and cedar and other cultural protocols occur regularly within our work setting.
- Current registration as a Registered Practical Nurse with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Willingness to work to a full scope including performing delegated acts through medical directives
- Knowledge of provincial immunization schedule and experience with the administration of vaccines an asset
- Training and experience in venipuncture procedures and wound care an asset;
- Experience and demonstrated ability to work within a wholistic care model; able to work independently and be an effective team member
- Experience working in an Anishinaabe organization and ability to understand and speak Anishinaabemowin a definite asset
- Willingness and ability to travel
- Valid drivers’ license and own vehicle required; copy of current drivers’ abstract required
- Current criminal records check required
- Commitment to ongoing training and professional development relevant to the job
- Positive attitude and capacity to act as a healthy lifestyle role model
- Proof of immunization in compliance with policy requirements is mandatory
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled
Please send resume with covering letter and three references, to:
Clinic Nurse/Care Coordinator Position
Email: [email protected]
For more information visit our website: WNHAC.org
Fax: (807) 467-8341
Phone: (888) MYWNHAC
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however, please note only those selected for an interview will be contacted.