KLDiscovery is looking for Licensed Lawyers for upcoming litigation document review analysis projects in Toronto. Preferred candidates should have prior Construction law experience or a degree in engineering. Please read the details below.
· Estimated Start Date: Mid -late December
· Duration of employment: 6-8 Weeks (possibly Longer
· Perform substantive document review and legal analysis through KLDiscovery EDR and Relativity platforms
· Providing legal analysis and coding documents for responsiveness, relevancy, confidentiality and privilege
· Assist with quality control, preparation of privilege and redaction logs
· Pay: Competitive market rate
- Active Lawyer's License in the Province of Ontario
- Called to the Ontario BAR
- prior Construction law experience or a degree in Engineering
- Strong attention to detail/ability to prioritize tasks
- Critical thinking and good judgment skills
- Ability to retain complex work direction
- Technology savvy
- Prior review experience preferred, but not required
Who we are:
KLDiscovery is a leader in eDiscovery management solutions, providing end-to-end legal and technology consulting services to AmLaw 200 law firms, Fortune 500 corporations, and government agencies. Established in 2005 and headquartered in McLean, VA, KLDiscovery built its reputation as a leader in eDiscovery and customer satisfaction with a culture of client first and success through teamwork and humility. The company has 43 offices in 19 countries, 12 data centers and 14 data recovery labs around the globe.
KLDiscovery was voted Best Provider in four categories of the 2017 Best of the National Law Journal Survey, and ranked in the top three of an additional six categories. The Sixth Annual Best of the National Law Journal Survey garnered more than 4,500 votes across 92 categories from ALM readers across the country. KLDiscovery took top honors in the categories of Managed Ediscovery & Litigation Support Service Provider, Data Recovery Solution Provider, Managed Document Review Services, and Predictive Coding Ediscovery Solution.
KLDiscovery is one of the fastest growing companies in North America as recognized by both Inc. Magazine (Inc. 5000™) and Deloitte (Deloitte Technology Fast 500™), and our President, Chris Weiler, is an Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year™ 2014 Award Winner.
KLDiscovery is an Orange-level Relativity® Best in Service Partner and its data centers are ISO/IEC 27001-certified as well as HIPAA, GLB and EU Privacy Shield compliant.
This job description is to be used as a guide for accomplishing company and department objectives and is not intended, and should not be construed to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with a job. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties from particular jobs and to assign other duties as necessary.
KLDiscovery welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
The Contract Lawyer position is considered to be contingent, temporary and variable hour employment. It is a condition and ongoing requirement of the job that the individual must be an active member of the Law Society of Ontario and in good standing with the bar. Employment with KLDiscovery is considered “Task Employment” and your employment with KLDiscovery is for the duration of the task you are assigned to accomplish.
KLDiscovery is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $50.00 to $60.00 /hour