QM Environmental is a staunch advocate for diversity in all its forms, and especially welcomes applications from members of the BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour) community, women, people with disabilities, the LGBTQ+ community, and those of diverse intersectional identities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process as well as part of employment with QM Environmental.
QM Environmental is recognized as a national leader in the delivery of demolition, decommissioning, and investment recovery services for industrial, commercial, institutional, and government sectors. Our focus is based on delivering quality services and value to our client base by ensuring that all projects are executed safely and professionally. Our experience and expertise are backed by an impressive portfolio of projects involving the management and execution of complex projects in busy downtown city centres and rural/remote areas. In addition to demolition, QM’s integrated suite of services includes civil earthworks, environmental remediation, water treatment, hazardous material abatement, emergency management and training, emergency response and waste management and disposal facilities.
Our portfolio of demolition projects includes the following:
· Oil and Gas Plants & Refineries
· Pulp and Paper Mills/Saw Mills
· Chemical Plants
· Mining Facilities
· Utility Facilities/Plants
· Fossil Fuel and Nuclear Plants
· Emission Stacks
· Public Transportation
· Educational Institutions
· Department of Defense
· High Rise Buildings/Hotels
· Manufacturing Plants
· Retail Shopping Malls
· Office Buildings
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced executive to lead QM's demolition division, during a time of change and growth. We are looking for a talented individual to build the business nationally, in part by expanding on opportunities to integrate with QM's other complementary business lines.
Existing relationships with potential clients in construction, property management, real estate developers, government, consulting/engineering/architecture, and industry on a national basis as well as experience running a successful similar business with P & L accountability are key attributes for this role. A strategic minded and action-oriented individual who can manage and grow a division is required.
Other Key Qualifications include:
- Strong project management and estimating skills, within the demolition industry. A minimum of ten (10) years of industry experience is required.
- Excellent relationship building and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build rapport and respect with people at all levels both internally and externally
- Successful people management skills, in both union and non-union environments
- Effective presentation and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong financial acumen, including previous P & L experience
- Computer literate, including Excel and other MS applications and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software.
Travel will be required. While work is primarily in an office, site visits will be required.
This position is based out of QM’s offices in Mississauga, ON.
A full job description can be found in the Careers Section of QM's website, position title: Head of Demolition.
A cover letter outlining your specific qualifications and salary requirements is required, along with a resume. Please include the job title in all emails.
QM offers competitive wages, plus an excellent benefits and matching RRSP plan.
QM Environmental invites applications from all qualified candidates; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Work from home
QM Environmental promotes a strong, supportive safety culture. COVID protocols are in place at all job sites and offices. Where-ever possible, employees work from home.
- demolition construction: 10 years (Required)
- P & L: 10 years (Required)