POSTING DATE: March 30, 2020 POSTING #: 101-20 (ONA/OPSEU)
EXPIRY DATE: April 6, 2020
HURON PERTH HEALTHCARE ALLIANCE
NOTICE OF VACANCY
POSITION: Crisis Intervention Worker
Huron Perth Helpline and Crisis Response Team
(Registered Nurse OR Occupational Therapist OR Regulated Addiction Counsellor OR Regulated Mental Health Worker)
POSITION SUMMARY: Huron Perth Helpline and Crisis Response Team is specifically funded by the SWLHIN to provide a coordinated, comprehensive 24 hour per day, 7 day a week program in the Huron Perth district. The Crisis Worker will provide assessment, counselling and resource information to clients experiencing crisis situations via telephone counselling and face-to-face assessments. Community education will also be provided. Travel to all 8 emergency departments in Huron and Perth counties, physician offices and schools to complete crisis assessments and initiate short term counselling required. 24/7 Mobile response with Police Services to client’s home and community sites to complete assessments is also required. Staff will be expected to work from both Huron and Perth offices in this position.
REPORTS TO: Manager, Outpatient Mental Health
DATE REQUIRED: As soon as possible
- Under graduate degree in a health related discipline, OR Registered Nurse OR Occupational Therapist or Regulated Addiction Counsellor OR Regulated Mental Health Worker
- Completion of a crisis intervention certificate program
- Certification in Brief solutions focused therapy
- Completion of suicide training program
- Completion of Non Violent Crisis Intervention Training
- Current licensure with appropriate professional College or Association
- Current CPR certification
- Minimum five years current progressive clinical experience with individuals with serious mental illness and /or Addictions in a health care setting and/or community based setting
- Minimum of three years’ experience in responding to crisis situations with a variety of individuals in the community and hospital setting
- Demonstrated knowledge of issues faced by individuals in acute mental health/addiction distress and by individuals with severe mental health illness.
- Knowledge of community services and mental health, addiction treatment and support programs.
- Demonstrated knowledge and competence in the application of treatment modalities to support individuals with serious mental illness and/or addiction
- Knowledge of mental health reform and values, principles of recovery, Mental Health Act, PHIPPA, Health care consent Act and Public Hospitals Act.
- Demonstrated ability to independently conduct formal mental health and addiction assessment, short term crisis counseling and referral
- Ability to identify and mobilize resources in crisis situations. To act confidently and independently in the formulation of future interventions and to appreciate the client’s role in decision making, where appropriate.
- Personal transportation and hold a valid Ontario driver’s license.
- Auto endorsement insurance for the purposes of patient transportation
- Demonstrated ability to complete treatment plans and crisis plans with the client, community partners and colleagues.
- Ability and willingness to travel to clients’ homes, independently or in the company of local police services to complete assessments and to independently provide assessment to local ER physicians and physicians in offices when required.
- Self-directed, motivated team player with a commitment to ongoing professional development and client and family centred care
Please be advised that we are no longer accepting emailed or paper-based resumes. Please submit a complete resume by visiting our job opportunities page on our website: www.hpha.ca
Huron Perth Healthcare Alliance is an equal opportunity employer that strives to create a respectful, accessible and inclusive work environment. Upon individual request, hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact Human Resources for assistance.
Reference ID: 101-20
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- responding: 3 years (Preferred)