We erect walls, floors, and roofs for commercial, residential, and industrial buildings and other structures. Also install doors, windows, and hardware for construction projects. This is full time work where you work, both independently and as part of a team, in indoor and outdoor environments of all types, and travel frequently to various job sites to perform the work. We work flexible hours during all shifts, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
Framing Carpenter Duties and Responsibilities
Daily job duties vary based on the types of building projects being completed and specific company policies regarding construction.
Depending on Experience job includes
Interpret Construction Plans
read blueprints, sketches, and drawings for carpentry projects of all types.
Prepare Building Materials
cut, shape, and install building materials to build frames for buildings and structures.
repair existing structures and flooring.
Perform Finish Work
sometimes perform finishing construction work, such as hanging drywall and paneling over completed framework.
Follow Safety Standards
adhere to all safety protocols while on the job, including wearing proper safety clothing and gear.
fit and install trim on finished construction projects.
keep the job site clean and organized at all times by putting away their own tools and materials after use, sweeping up, and performing other cleaning tasks.
- Math skills – make mathematical calculations to determine the height, width, and length of materials needed to create structurally sound building components
- Physical stamina– lift up to 50 pounds at a time and work in extreme environments while squatting, crawling, and climbing, professionals seeking this job need the strength and endurance to perform these tasks
- Critical thinking–analyze construction plans, spot potential structure problems, and find ways to make repairs on existing structures, all of which require good critical thinking skills
- Attention to detail– detail-oriented individual who can follow precise construction plans, spot potential defects in building materials, and take exact measurements
- Communication skills– use verbal communication skills to maintain job site safety and relay information while working with other construction professionals
Job Type: Full-time
- Carpentry: 1 year (Preferred)
- carpentry/renovation: 1 year (Preferred)