EMBARK ON A NEW CAREER WITH AN INDUSTRY LEADER!
At G-TEL Engineering, seeing is believing. We don’t just mitigate, we eliminate risk for telecommunication firms, gas companies, municipalities and electricity distributors, through first class utility damage prevention services. With our expertise in utility locates, pole testing, ground penetrating radar, leak and corrosion detection, we help reduce risk and improve safety.
Visit our website at www.gtel.ca for additional information.
G-Tel Engineering is a proud member of OEC and a part of the OEC Energy Infrastructure Services Group, G-Tel is able to offer clients a broad range of services to help utility projects thrive from concept to completion. G-Tel’s people are at the centre of its brand. Every day we deliver on our brand promise to Cherish Customers, Deliver Flawlessly, and stay a Step Ahead. Our people look beyond the conventional and reach for the extraordinary to win outside the box.
Successful G-Tel employees:
- are Customer-centric – they understand and embrace the role of delivering exemplary customer service
- are Leaders – who lead by example through their actions and attitudes
- are Innovators – they look for opportunities to Improve, do things differently, and add value for our customers and business
- Commit to Excellence – in all that they do
G-TEL Engineering promotes a culture that is inclusive, diverse, innovative and performance driven, while striving for a work/life balance. Individuals who choose to be part of our organization are offered:
- Comprehensive total compensation package
- Employer paid benefits
- Banked overtime options
Current Career Opportunities:
G-Tel Engineering Inc. is looking to for an Admin Associate, Finance Admin
The primary function of this role is to record all Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable transactions within (GP) Great Plains. The Admin Associate – Finance Admin will be required to monitor the receipt of all invoices, distribute to appropriate manager for authorization of expenditures, and process payments prior to due date. Will also be responsible for monitoring and collecting outstanding accounts.
Having advanced experience in Great Plains and a working knowledge of Bookkeeping is key to the success of the associate providing this function.
- Process all payables, receivables on a daily basis and record in Great Plains Database
- Create and send sales invoices / statement of accounts and be responsible for collections of outstanding accounts
- Conduct other administrative duties such as verification of incentive programs
Additional Job Requirements
The Admin Associate – Finance Admin will be responsible for recording and coding all expenditures of our major vendors to the correct Supervisor Project Code. Amounts recorded will be used to determine actual profitability for the various workgroups. The Admin Associate – Finance Admin must convey the appropriate professional comportment. Reliability and Punctuality are key personal attributes that the position requires. Candidate must be willing to work flexible hours.
The Admin Associate – Finance Admin position requires a resource experienced in a wide range of disciplines and a willingness to learn new concepts.
Relevant Experience and Skill Requirements
- College or University Degree (preferred)
- 3 – 5 years previous experience in an accounting and administration environment is a pre-requisite
- Advanced skills using Microsoft Excel and Word is preferred
Demonstrated Skills and Abilities
- Excellent communication, negotiation skills – written, verbal and presentation
- Ability to drive change and results
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to conceptualize and be innovative
- Advanced computer skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to interact with all levels of the organization both internally and externally
If you are looking for a long-term employment opportunity with a viable, diverse and growing company and have the prerequisite skills and qualifications, please forward your resume for consideration. We thank you for your interest in our company. Only those qualified will be contacted.
G-Tel Engineering Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, G-Tel Engineering Inc. will provide accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $16.50 to $18.00 /hour
- office administration: 1 year (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Preferred)