10 Star has an excellent opportunity for an experienced Controller to join our growing team in North Vancouver.
The Controller plays a pivotal role in the financial management and oversight of the organization. They are responsible for ensuring the accuracy, integrity, and compliance of financial data and reports. The Controller oversees the accounting team (currently one accountant), manages financial processes, and provides strategic financial guidance to support informed decision-making. This role also supports HR and Compliance.
10 Star Agency is a burgeoning, full-service experiential marketing agency founded in 2010. We are an entertainment-focused agency offering our clients strategy, development, production, and field execution of festivals, events, on-premises, and street-level activations. Our network of associates is steeped in the local culture, at the forefront of technology and emerging trends which enable us to deliver beyond ordinary experiences for our clients.
Hours: 40 hours, Monday through Friday (onsite)
10 Star offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
- Prepares and analyzes financial statements, ensuring accuracy, completeness, and timeliness of reporting and transactions.
- Provides meaningful financial analysis and insights to senior management for strategic planning and decision-making.
- Manages upkeep of annual budgets and project specific budgets in collaboration with CFO and project managers.
- Monitors budget performance and provides regular updates, variance analysis and recommendations.
- Provides support on financial forecasts to assist in resource allocation and risk assessment.
- Oversees day-to-day accounting operations, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, and general ledger maintenance.
- Establishes and maintains effective internal controls to safeguard company assets and ensure financial accuracy.
- Manage cash flow, liquidity, and working capital to support the organization's financial stability.
- Coordinates and manages external audits, working with auditors to provide necessary documentation and explanations.
- Provide cross-functional department support, including expense tracking, regular departmental reporting, project analysis, ad hoc information, etc.
- Manages permits and licensing for business operations as well as for special events and activations. Ensures regulatory reporting guidelines and filing deadlines are adhered to.
- Key gatekeeper for employee handbook and training manuals. Proactively updates to be consistent with changes in regulations, internal policies, and client guidelines.
- Provides support on HR related items.
- Provides support with review of legal documents.
- Manages lease renewals and negotiations for vehicles, storage, office/warehouse space, parking etc.
- Coaching, involving, and inspiring the growth and development of the team.
- Efficient and effective management of roles and responsibilities within the team to reduce redundancies and enable success of the direct report.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Public accounting experience (or CPA).
- 5-7 years related accounting experience and a well-rounded accounting background.
- Significant experience in agency setting strongly desired.
- Excellent knowledge of accounting and financial processes (budgeting, financial closure, reporting, balance sheet reconciliations).
- Detail oriented - able to drive down to a product level to develop an understanding of the business drivers.
- Knowledge and familiarity with supporting HR and Compliance would be an asset.
- Excellent management, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong business acumen and analytical skills for effective problem resolution.
- Excellent computer skills with MS Office.
- Self-motivated, professional team player.
- Excellent command of the English language both verbal and written.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
We thank you for your interest in this opportunity. The candidates that will be selected to move forward will be contacted to schedule an interview.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Do you have a CPA or working towards?
- What is your desired salary range?
- Accounting: 5 years (preferred)
- Agency setting: 2 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person